Watson & Associates’ Federal Government Contracts attorneys represent small businesses and large contractors throughout the United States and overseas by consulting and litigating some of the most common disputes seen in the federal procurement process.
We handle issues from compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) All the way through litigation in False Claims Act Procurement Fraud Cases, Defense in Qui Tam Lawsuits, Whistleblower Defense, and Appeal of contracting officer final decisions.
Our procurement practice professionals provide hands-on experience of actually working in government agencies. Our gov contracts lawyers offer experience and legal advice in bid protest litigation, prime/subcontractor contract disputes, CDA claims and disputes, suspension and debarment matters, False Claims Act litigation, FCPA compliance, and government contract fraud and false claims allegations.
As one of the best government contracts law firms that are veteran-owned, we offer legal representation to federal government contractors in all states and overseas locations. Our goal is to help clients to avoid some of the most costly mistakes seen in government contracting while increasing the corporate bottom line.
Federal Government Contracting Overview
The federal government spends billions on federal contracts. Federal procurement requires small businesses and large business contractors to understand and comply with some of the most complex and confusing regulations and statutes. Although getting government contracts awarded can change a company’s future, not complying with the relevant regulations can also change a thriving company’s future for the worse. Watson & Associates government contracts practice group uses a team approach to consult and aggressively represent our clients in litigation, negotiations, and planning for the company’s future.
Best contract law firm for federal contractors: With law offices in Washington, DC and in Denver, Colorado, our government contractor fraud defense lawyers and corporate outside counsel are geographically positioned to advocate for and present sound legal advice on a wide spectrum of procurement issues.
Why Choose Watson & Associates, LLC for Government Contractor Federal Criminal Defense Cases?
Theodore P. Watson, Esquire. Practice Group Lead. At Watson & Associates, with law offices in Colorado and Washington, DC, our top rated federal criminal defense attorneys have experience actually working for federal government contracting agencies. We understand the nuts and bolts of how the investigation comes about and how the DOJ or even the SBA OIG develops a civil or criminal case against you.
A crucial aspect of our practice lies in the fact that many of our federal defense lawyers possess extensive experience as government contracting officials. We also understand how trial lawyers in federal agencies like the DOJ and the U.S. Attorney’s Office operate. Drawing on those valuable insights, our job is to deconstruct the government’s case and develop a legal defense that can create leverage in the event of litigation.
Wojciech Kornacki, Of Counsel, focuses his practice on federal contract compliance, contract dispute and litigation, and business ethics. He has successfully represented dozens of private companies and individuals as a suspension and debarment lawyer facing debarment and suspension, challenged and defended contract awards at the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, filed appeals and litigated claims at the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA) and the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (CBCA), drafted compliance policies and assisted in due diligence matters and training. Read more.
Wise D. Allen, Esquire , Counsel is a former Veteran Lieutenant Commander Judge Advocate for the United States Military. He also has extensive knowledge and experience in resolving corporate defense and litigation in vast international and national legal issues.
He brings a wealth of successful experience to government contractors seeking defense counsel in the various areas of procurement fraud, Anti Corruption law, illegal kickbacks, international contracting, False Claims Act defense, BAA and TAA compliance and more.
Mr. Allen’s federal litigation experience as a former appellate attorney representing the United States and federal attorney for defendants in trials that led to his clients receiving overwhelming favorable outcomes in contested issues and obtaining non-contested resolutions. Read more..
Areas of Government Contracting Attorney Services
Our Government Contracts lawyers offer vast experience in many areas of U.S. government contracts law. As government contractor defense attorneys and small business lawyers, we understand that resolving disputes means understanding more than one area of government contract law. Our practice leaders work with outside accountants, experts, and defense counsel in a variety of procurement litigation or compliance including:
- Bid Protests. Watson &. Associates, LLC, as one of the top government contracts law firms, provides legal representation to federal government contractors that either defend or bring bid protest cases involving contracts awarded or pre-award contracts. The law firm litigates before Government Accountability Office (GAO) in limited circumstances, the Court of Federal Claims (COFC), and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Claims and Disputes. Our group represents contractors in analyzing and preparing claims, requests for equitable adjustment and requests for price adjustment. We represent clients before the Civilian and Armed Service Boards of Contract Appeals, the Court of Federal Claims, and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- False Claims Act /Qui Tam Defense. Watson’s government contracting practice group represents small businesses in various industries to defend against allegations of false claims against the federal government. As false claims and Qui Tam defense lawyers, we provide legal services to contractors under investigation or facing civil and criminal charges. We represent both construction contractors and service contractors doing business with the federal government.
- Buy American Act Compliance Disputes. Our government lawyers represent contractors facing investigations or False Claims Act charges that stem from Buy American Act compliance. We help clients to also assess their construction manufacturing and procurement processes. As Buy American Act defense lawyers, we provide legal support and litigation services to companies throughout the United States and Overseas.
- Contractor Ethics, FAR Compliance and Mandatory Disclosure. At Watson & Associates, LLC our government contract lawyers provide legal advice and compliance consulting services to both experienced and new government contractors. Our gov contracts attorneys also help clients to develop internal policies and controls and to review, develop and implement contractor ethics and other compliance programs. As part of government contracting practice, the law firm also advises corporations on the FAR mandatory disclosure requirements and related responsibility matters.
- Suspension and Debarment Lawyers. At Watson & Associates, our legal professionals are also experienced in helping companies that are debarred from government contracts or individuals that are suspended or debarred from government employment. Our Washington DC suspension and debarment lawyers have had significant success in helping contractors and individuals respond to recommendations for debarment or suspension actions.
- Overseas Government Contracting. Another unique area of our government contracts practice involves overseas contracting. We represent foreign contractors performing US government contracts. We help companies in Dubai, Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and other middle eastern areas. We help companies with suspension and debarment, government contract terminations, Buy American Act compliance, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act defense, and more.
- Government Investigations. The law firm represents and advises small businesses and large contractors on internal investigations, such as hotline reporting and whistleblower investigation cases. Our government contract investigations lawyers also provide legal counsel in federal cases involving allegations of fraud; federal Claims Act and qui tam actions; the Procurement Integrity Act (PIA); the False Claims Act; the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA); and SBA and small business program fraud.
- SBA Small Business Matters. We regularly represent contractors in small business size protests and in size appeals to the SBA Office of Hearings and Appeals (OHA). As government small business lawyers, our team also helps small businesses with issues concerning the SBA. 8(a) program, including mentor-protégé joint venture relationships, teaming agreements, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) and veteran-owned programs under the VA, and. the SBA’s Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone) program. We also frequently represent clients in government contract fraud and false claims cases involving teaming agreements, limitations on subcontracting, pass-through contract fraud advise clients on teaming agreements, joint ventures, and subcontract arrangements.
- Super 8a, Tribal 8a, and ANC 8(a) Government Contracting. Our Government Contracts attorneys also provide legal counsel and advice to Alaska Native Corporations (ANCs) and Tribal 8(a) small businesses that are members of the SBA’s 8(a) Program. As Super 8a government contracting lawyers, we help companies to build viable business relationships with non-8a small businesses, develop internal policies and controls, structure Super 8(a) companies, and litigate matters before the SBA and appeals to SBA’s Office of Hearings and Appeals (OHA). When it comes to SBA 8(a) fraud and False Claims Act cases involving Native American contractors, our contractor defense attorneys represent Tribal 8(a) contractors in federal investigations by the SBA’s Office of Inspector General (SBA OIG) and or Department of Justice (DOJ).
Government Contracting Legal Representation in a Variety of Industry Groups
At Watson &. Associates, LLC our gov contracts attorneys help contractors to avoid some of the most deadly and costly mistakes in government contracting. Our primary industry groups include:
- Federal Construction, Architecture and Engineering (A&E)
- Border Patrol
- Defense and Aerospace
- Environmental Remediation
- Information Technology Contractors, Telecommunications and Information Systems Companies
- Intelligence Community Contractors
- GSA and VA Federal Supply Schedule Contractors
- Homeland Security
- CONUS and OCONUS Logistics and Troop Support (Contingency Contracting)
- Manufacturing and Products
- Professional Services
Gov Contracts Attorneys – Comprehensive Nationwide and Overseas Legal Services
Our Government Contracting practitioners work hand-in-hand with corporate executives and management to get to the bottom of the issues and provide a concise and economical resolution. Our goal is to always try to resolve matters short of litigation. However, if we cannot resolve government contract disputes amicably, our gov contracts law firm will aggressively represent your company in court. For issues involving government contract fraud and criminal cases located in federal courts in various cities, we develop a team and partner with local criminal defense counsel. We find that in white-collar criminal cases, many of the local criminal defense attorneys are not always proficient in issues involving federal government contracting. This is where Watson’s procurement attorneys can help.
Contact Our Government Contracts Attorneys
For immediate help, either in a pending case or in need of consulting services, contact Watson &. Associates’ top gov contracts attorneys for a free initial consultation. Call Toll-Free 1.866.601.5518.