Get the best possible position in your case up front. Understand the strengths and weakness of a government investigation against your company. NATIONWIDE HELP. FREE Initial Consultation. 1-866-601-5518.
When defense contractors are targeting for government contract fraud, criminal actions for False Claims Act violations or some other type of criminal liability, the business future can be in serious jeopardy if not handled correctly from the beginning.
With law offices in Washington, DC and Colorado, the federal government contractor defense attorneys at Watson & Associates frequently handle high-level and complex litigation on behalf of small businesses and large DOD contractors across the United States and overseas.
Defense Lawyers for Contractors Doing Business With the Federal Government – Our Services
Our federal contractor defense law firm provides sound legal representation by:
- Quickly compiling case law and legal authority to support our position early
- Issues related to government contract labor rates
- False Claims Act litigation defense
- Procurement Fraud defense
- Independent contractor liability and overseas government contractor lawyer representation
- Bid protest defense and intervention
- Preparing experts in the event that litigation continues
- Develop an aggressive litigation and discovery approach
- Adequately preparing our clients for government investigations and responding to agency request for documents
- Preparing or responding to discovery and evidentiary motions
- Preparing or responding to motions for summary judgment and other dispositive motions
- Preparing and responding to trial briefs and post-trial motions
We serve as your defense contractor fraud attorney when your company is faced with federal investigations
Watson’s defense contractor fraud lawyers provide CEOs with reliable legal advice and counsel. In other words we serve as lawyers for bad contractors given the government’s allegations.
Our practice areas include a wide range of federal procurement legal matters including False Claims Act violations, defective contractor product, suspension and debarment, procurement fraud, bid protest intervention and defense, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act actions and SBA small business fraud allegations.
General Contractors and Independent Contractor Attorneys
Whether you are a general contractor on a federal project or a subcontractor / independent contractor involved in a government investigation or some other level of criminal prosecution, our government contract fraud, and defense contractor fraud attorneys can help. Our goal of our federal government contractor attorneys is to quickly get to the bottom of the issue at hand and to resolve matters as quickly as possible without the need for expensive litigation.
- Our goal is to quickly get to the bottom of the issue at hand and to resolve matters as quickly as possible without the need for expensive litigation.
From Beginning to End: When federal contracting agencies decide to investigate DOD contractors, there is a 43% chance that an adverse action will result. Our procurement law and government contractor defense lawyers provide key solutions that minimize the impact.
- We understand that getting the proper legal defense team is essential to protecting a company’s future of doing business with the federal government.
For our defense contractors clients, have access to experienced criminal defense lawyers and experts that can provide litigation support in high-profile cases.
Examples of Viable Government Contractor Defenses – Lawyers For Contractors Facing Default Terminations
Federal government defense contractors may at some face a termination for default decision. As in any legal dispute, federal contractor lawyers will look at the alleged statutory violation and make clients available to sue any potential legal defense to the agency’s actions. The following are example available contractor defenses to a termination for default:
Excusable Delay: Not all termination for cause decisions are valid. However, companies should be familiar with the standard FAR clause that address contract terminations. There are available defense contractor legal defenses for example if the basis for terminating the contract stems from a delay was “beyond the control and without the fault or negligence” of the contractor.
- A defense contractor fraud attorney would also have to make sure that any alleged excusable delays were unforeseeable.
Defective Specifications and Impossibility: Another legal defense is to show that the government furnished defective specification and it was, therefore, impossible to perform. Such defects can include defects in specifications range from inconsistencies, legibility problems, and ambiguities. These are areas where Watson’s military contractor fraud attorneys can help.
Information for DOD Defense Contractors
Call Our Federal Government Contractor Defense Lawyers
Call 1-866-601-5518 or contact us by e-mail to arrange an initial free confidential and informative consultation with experienced federal lawyers for contractors. We represent DOD contractors and companies in all states including Virginia, Washington, DC, MD and CO. The firm offers a free initial case evaluation with no obligation.