Federal government contractors and employees face increasing scrutiny and experience more government investigations when doing business with the federal government. The Small Business Administration (SBA OIG) and the Veterans Administration (VA) aggressively seek out small businesses and large businesses for violation of procurement laws and small business regulations.
If your company is subjected to a procurement fraud investigation, it is highly suggested to get legal advice quickly. Being involved in a government investigation is time-consuming, and takes you away from the day-to-day business operations. However, failure to deal with a federal investigation can severely damage the company’s reputation or even end up in serving jail time and hefty fines. Having a government investigations law firm that understands federal procurement can prove valuable in the long run.
The procurement fraud investigation lawyers at Watson & Associates, LLC frequently help clients by defending corporations and individuals in government investigations.
With law offices in Washington DC and Denver, Colorado our investigative lawyers help minimize the potential of facing severe criminal liability or hefty civil fines. We provide legal counsel to clients involved in:
- IG investigations
- SBA Small Business Investigations
- DOJ Investigations
- SBA OIG Investigations
- Contractor Fraud Investigations
- Buy American Act Investigations
- False Claims Act Investigations
- Attorney General Investigations
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATION ATTORNEY SERVICES
Defending corporations and individuals in government investigations
Watson & Associates’ corporate investigation lawyers and procurement investigation attorneys help small businesses and DOD contractors to overcome common mistakes when responding to subpoena’s from various law enforcement offices such as SBA Inspector General (SBA OIG Investigations), Department of Justice (DOJ); Veteran’s Administration IG investigations and others.
- We help you assess the government’s allegations of procurement fraud
- We help companies to defend against federal investigations involving small business size
- We represent small businesses involved in government investigations about SDVOSB fraud
As government fraud lawyers, we can help clients with legal advice across the US and overseas companies with cases involving:
- Federal government contract fraud investigation and federal government contracts
- SBA small business size investigations regarding government contractor fraud (SBA OIG Investigation)
- Government contract compliance investigations
- Inspector General (IG) investigations for white collar crime
- Congressional investigations about procurement fraud schemes
- Federal Construction fraud investigations
- Buy American Act investigations
- Limitation on subcontracting procurement investigations
- Procurement Integrity Act
- Anti-kickback federal contract investigations
- Responding to federal subpoenas and request for documents
- DOJ government contract procurement investigations
- Pre contract investigation
- SBA OIG investigation and federal small business programs (8(a), HUBZone Fraud), SDVOSB Fraud
- False Claims Act Investigations
- Invoices and performance issues
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATION LAWYERS
Breakdown of what we do as government procurement fraud investigation counsel
As federal investigation attorneys for government contractors, the law firm represents and provides legal advice to clients in a wide variety of government investigations. This includes civil investigations regarding government contract fraud in the various small business programs including SDVOSB fraud, HUBZone fraud investigations, and federal investigations regarding the SBA 8(a) BD program. As investigative lawyers, we also help clients involved with criminal liability for submitting false invoices, substandard materials and violations of limitations on subcontracting regulations.
- We form a team of professionals tailored to combat the underlying issues of federal investigators. There are several strategies used by federal law enforcement offices to eventually bring civil or criminal charges against you or your company. Depending on the type of corporate investigation, we work closely with corporate executives and local criminal defense attorneys, provide them with a clear strategic approach while protecting rights both at the pre-litigation and litigation stages.
- Help with small business regulations that local counsel may not be aware of. A substantial amount of procurement investigations allege that corporate officers or employees have violated small business laws and therefore have committed fraud against the federal government. Our criminal investigation lawyers understand the small business regulations and can assist companies involved in teaming agreements, mentor protege or joint ventures.
- Develop sound legal strategies that solidify your defenses or help to minimize adverse decisions. When the federal government approaches your company, it has already gathered information against you. The step that many companies miss is to immediately develop a strong defense. Contractors should not wait until there is an indictment to then act. As procurement fraud investigation attorneys, we build a team of professionals that understand the substantive issues that you will face during a government investigation.
- Conduct internal corporate investigations to see if there is an underlying problem that you can resolve. Part of our foresight is to see problems upfront that you can immediately address. As government investigation and fraud investigation lawyers, our goal is to cover all angles and be proactive and not reactive.
- Hire federal government fraud lawyers that understand procurement law (decades of federal procurement experience.) Government contract investigations are very unique. When the contracting officer suspects fraud or a whistleblower files a complaint, the SBA Inspector General (IG) office of some other law enforcement agency will initiate an investigation. At Watson, our federal investigation lawyers understand the procurement rules and the process.
Representing Government Contracts in the US and Overseas
With law offices in Washington DC and Denver, CO, our government investigations law firm helps federal contractors and individuals in all states to minimize or to avoid litigation. Having worked for federal agencies, our procurement investigation attorneys represent US government contractors throughout the country and overseas.
- Assess your internal business practices before or during an investigation
- Fight back against false allegations of violating government contract laws and SBA small business regulations
- Get help when responding to the government’s subpoeanas
When federal prosecutors launch a formal investigation, understand that you more than likely were under the government’s radar for some time. Immediately building a strong response or defense is the next step.
IG Investigations, DOJ and SBA OIG Investigations
Under investigation but not charged? Our procurement fraud investigation lawyers can help.
At Watson & Associates, our federal procurement fraud investigation lawyers help clients involved with SBA OIG investigations; IG investigations, DOJ investigations and more. We provide legal counsel on issues related to Veteran’s Administration SDVOSB Fraud (VA) and SBA HUBZone Program criminal and civil investigations and other issues such as pass-through procurement fraud schemes; alleged small business size standard violations and violation of the limitations on subcontracting regulations and more.
Buy American Act Investigations & DOJ False Claims Act Investigation Attorneys
Oftentimes, prime contractors, subcontractors and suppliers are pulled into Buy American Act investigations conducted by the DOJ. This can be a very complex situation given that every contractor has unique processes in place. When the issue becomes whether or not your company is a manufacturer, whether the costs of materials or components are from the United States, the investigation is very time-consuming. Our government contract lawyers help small businesses and larger construction companies address the legal issues and serve to protect the rights of contractors when Buy American compliance becomes a concern.
Contractor Government Fraud Investigation Lawyers
Many of the cases or inquiries against federal contractors involve False Claims Act and conspiracy allegations. At the end of the day, many government contractor fraud law enforcement agencies tend to drift towards bringing either civil or criminal False Claims Act charges (or both). In addition, when more than one individuals or contractors are involved, they also can face conspiracy charges at the conclusion of an investigation. Our contractor attorneys and government fraud investigation lawyers are here to help.
SDVOSB Fraud Investigation Attorneys
In other cases, the VA may initiate procurement investigations against small businesses that appear to be defrauding the government. Our government contractor fraud defense lawyers can utilize our expertise and experience to help reduce the impact of adverse decisions against SDVOSB fraud allegations. We with cases involving:
- Control of the business
- Pass through contract allegations
- Limitations on subcontracting violations
- Teaming agreement, joint ventures and mentor protege violation
- Conspiracy to defraud the government
As federal contractor defense attorneys, we represent corporate executives and individuals facing potential criminal liability in SDVOSB procurement fraud cases and a wide spectrum of white-collar litigation situations involving corporate federal contract investigations.
SBA 8(a) Fraud and HUBZone Fraud Investigations
The SBA has increased its oversight and scrutiny for companies participating in the 8(a) program and HUBZone Programs. The legal issues are complex and sometimes even misapplied by federal prosecutors. For companies involved in procurement investigations, our government investigation lawyers help small businesses to fight back and aggressively defend against allegations of SBA fraud .
- Get help with government contract investigations for noncompliance with the FAR and SBA size standards regulations.
- Get help with HUBZone fraud allegations
- Get help with SBA 8(a) Program fraud
At Watson & Associates, our government investigations law firm frequently represents clients for alleged violations of SBA size regulations or limitations on subcontracting investigations for alleged pass-through schemes.
Contractor & Employer Department of Labor Investigations
Part of the inherent obligations of government contractors is to comply with federal labor and employment regulations. Oftentimes, contractor employees may file a complaint under employment labor-related law. At Watson & Associates’ government contracts practice, our government attorneys help to respond to the department of labor investigations, complaints from employees. We help with government investigation about allegations of violating the Service Contract Act (SCA), wages under Davis-Bacon Act (DBA), and Davis-Bacon and Related Acts (DBRA).
When contractors face substantial risks, with the department of labor investigations, our federal employer defense attorneys respond to charges of discrimination, religion, national origin, improper pay and benefits and sexual harassment investigations. Call us and speak to Jo Spence.
Avoid Spending Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars Using Local Criminal Defense Attorneys That May Not Understand Federal Procurement Laws
SHOULD YOU HIRE A TRADITIONAL CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY?
Many small businesses, individuals and large government contractors immediately seek to retain a local traditional criminal defense attorney for government contract investigations. This is obviously one consideration. However, if the federal investigation is for a violation of procurement laws, Buy American Act compliance violations or False Claims Act fraud, then you want to hire legal counsel that also understands the various issues about government contracting involved in federal investigations.
- At the end of the day when there is an indictment or charge by a federal prosecutor, a company should retain both a white-collar defense attorney who can practice locally and a government contract fraud lawyer that understands the rules.
- Understand procurement investigations involve a very unique set of regulations that many corporate lawyers may not fully understand. This is where our federal investigation lawyers can help.
OUTSIDE COUNSEL SERVICES & HELP FOR LOCAL CRIMINAL ATTORNEYS
Oftentimes small businesses and larger defense contractors face allegations of violating government contract compliance regulations and corruption. This can involve either FAR compliance, SBA small business regulations such as SDVOSB, HUBZone and 8(a) Program compliance.
- We help local criminal attorneys with clients facing grand jury proceedings involving federal procurement matters.
As a government investigations law firm with a focus on small business and procurement law, our law office provides outside counsel services and legal assistance for local criminal defense attorneys that may not understand the substantive issues involved. See also the signs of being under investigation.
Call Watson’s Government Investigations Law Firm
Are you under federal investigation?
If you considering talking to a lawyer, are looking to find federal government procurement investigation lawyers, received a target letter, our procurement fraud defense attorneys can save you or your company from potentially thousands or millions of dollars in fines or jail time, help with a federal subpoena for records, or avoid suspension or debarment, contact us today.
Call Watson’s government investigation attorneys toll-free 1-866-601-5518 or 202.827-9750.