Not only can you make incriminating statements but you can also expose yourself to criminal liability for providing what the government would call false information. Whether you are an individual, corporation or government contractor, our federal investigations lawyers and attorneys are here to help. We guide you through the process. From beginning to end. We are uniquely experienced in federal procurement and government contracting small business matters. However, we are also well-versed in the wide range of activities that trigger federal investigations. Call us today for immediate help.
- Respond to Subpoena’s appropriately
- Get help with the govt investigation process while having legal counsel available to protect your rights
- Have someone that represents your interests from beginning to end
- We develop a team of professionals that address the hidden issues up front
Regardless of whether or not you are officially a target in a criminal or other investigation, you should realize that later, you can easily become a target. Information or earlier statements made can come back to haunt you. As federal criminal defense attorneys, we provide nationwide legal representation and legal help who are also part of a procurement fraud investigation.
- Develop the best defense, avoid liability when possible and aggressively represent you against the federal government
- When liability is unavoidable, our corporate investigation lawyers negotiate the best outcome
- Nationwide legal defense services and federal crime lawyers
- Get critical questions answered and help through the process
- Help for businesses or individuals
- Complete representation from the investigation stage all the way through trial
Federal Government Investigation & Legal Defense Services
At Watson & Associates, LLC, our federal investigative lawyers and criminal defense attorneys represent corporate executives and individuals in a wide spectrum of white collar litigation situations involving corporate federal government investigations. We can help clients with legal advice across the US and overseas companies in cases involving:
- Federal government fraud investigation and federal government contracts
- Help with
- White Collar SEC investigations
- Government contract compliance investigations
- Inspector General (IG) investigations
- Congressional investigations
- Procurement Integrity Act
- Federal contract criminal charge defense
- Anti-kickback federal investigations
- White collar investigations
- Responding to federal subpoenas and request for documents
- DOJ federal investigations
- Corporate investigations and government investigation privilege
- Government litigation
- SBA fraud investigation and federal small business programs (8(a), HUBZone), SDVOSB
- False Claims Act Govt Investigation
- Invoices and performance issues
- Federal Bureau of Investigation FBI investigations for procurement
WE REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS AND CORPORATIONS NATIONWIDE WHO ARE INVOLVED IN A FEDERAL INVESTIGATION GET A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION.
Call a white collar litigation and federal investigations lawyer today at 1-866-601-5518.
Clients for Government Fraud Investigation and Federal Criminal Investigations
- Fortune 100 companies
- Fortune 500 companies
- Federal government contractors
- Healthcare providers
- Transportation and logistics companies
- Small businesses
- Contractors involved in SBA Programs
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB)
- HUBZone Small Business
- Construction Companies
- Manufacturers and Service Contract Companies
Federal criminal investigative agencies are pushing their efforts to criminally prosecute government contractors across the U.S. and Overseas. Our federal investigation lawyers are here to help.
Top Federal Investigation Attorneys
The civil and criminal legal system can be intimidating. Many potential corporate and individual defendants may not initially know that they are a target for federal investigations. Although cooperation throughout the federal investigation process is strongly advised, if you become a target later in the investigation, your rights may have already been placed in jeopardy.
When the facts of a criminal case are reviewed by one of our criminal defense attorneys, potential mistakes and error that support the government’s allegations or indictments are uncovered. Although the federal government is entitled to investigate potential wrongdoing, the investigation process is not designed to trample upon your constitutional and other protected rights.
Your Rights During a Government Investigation
Although the federal government has the power to investigate as many government contractors or individuals as it wants, it does make common mistakes that lead to indictments, sentences, criminal and civil fines. Sometimes during a government investigation, government investigative lawyers and federal prosecutors use inappropriate evidence, and in federal government contract charges, inexperienced corporate attorneys and federal crime lawyers fall short of knowing the underlying procurement law that the government is presenting.
You have a right to not speak, and certain privileged information that is protected during questioning. To protect yourself from high exposure and stiff criminal or civil penalties you need sound legal advice and counsel to take on federal investigations agencies. Schedule a Free Initial Consultation Today.
At Watson & Associates, our federal government investigation defense attorneys and white collar litigation lawyers provide a vast amount of legal services to companies and individuals facing government investigations. Our experience includes:
- Conducting cost-efficient corporate investigations
- Negotiating settlements of criminal and civil charges
- Pre-indictment and post-indictment representation
Government Investigation Lawyer – Experience Matters
The federal investigation process begins with knowing how the system works, the specific underlying area of law that a prosecutor may bring charges and use it to your advantage. The includes federal small business and SBA programs, limitations in subcontracting, False Claims Act violations and more.
At Watson & Associates, LLC, our federal investigation lawyer and white collar crime defense attorney bring over 25 years of experience to , federal procurement fraud litigation and other types of government investigations.
He is even admitted to the United States Supreme Court. Speak to John Scorsine, federal criminal investigations attorney.
WE CAN PUT TOGETHER A TEAM OF FORMER PROSECUTORS AND GOVERNMENT CONTRACT ATTORNEYS AND GET QUICKLY GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THE MATTER. WE UNDERSTAND THAT GET YOU IN THE BEST POSSIBLE POSITION, YOU HAVE TO ACT EARLY.
TYPES OF FEDERAL INVESTIGATION CASES
The law firm provides legal advice and representation in a variety of civil and federal investigations in criminal situations including DOJ procurement fraud investigations, government contract compliance investigations, SEC investigations, congressional investigations and government investigation regarding SBA size standards fraud and federal small business programs.
Whether you have reason to believe that your company is not following the rules or someone has filed a whistleblower action against you, preparing for a federal contract criminal charge is usually the best choice. If you wait until the federal government comes knocking on your door, it may be too late to repair any damage.
ARE YOU PLANNING OF RETAINING A TRADITIONAL CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY?
Many small businesses, individuals and large government contractors immediately seek to retain a local traditional criminal defense attorney. This is obviously one consideration. However, if the federal investigation is for a violation of procurement laws, then you want to hire legal counsel that also understands the various issues about government contracting involved in federal investigations.
- Hire federal criminal investigations attorneys that also understands the Federal Acquisition Regulations and applicable procurement laws
- You don’t want to spend unnecessary resources getting a regular criminal attorney up to speed on procurement laws
- Many federal investigations involve small business programs such as 8(a), SDVOSB and HUBZone legal issues. Having a federal investigations attorney
that also understands the unique requirements can be beneficial.
When Do You Know That You Are Under Investigation?
As an individual, corporation, or government contractor you will know that you are under federal investigation if federal agents try to communicate with you. As a federal government contractor, the Inspector General (IG), Federal Bureau of Investigation FBI Headquarters Washington DC, or other government investigation agencies may visit your home. Other federal investigation agencies can include Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Veterans Affairs (Criminal Investigations Division, Office of the Inspector General), Drug Enforcement Administration, Health and Human Services (Office of Inspector General), SBA Office of Inspector General (IG) and other individual law enforcement offices.
- At federal installations, your rumor mill tends to send hints through the ‘grapevine’ if you are a federal employee.
- You can also know that you are under a federal government investigation if a federal prosecutor sends you a letter stating that you are a target in a criminal investigation or civil federal investigation.
What to Do If You Think You Are A Target for White Collar Investigations?
The bottom line is to make you understand your legal rights. Many white collar defendants find themselves in a tough situation because although they know that they would be better off cooperating with federal government investigators, they divulge, with the representation of legal counsel, statements that can incriminate themselves.
This is hard to overcome without having an experience government investigations attorney on your side that understands how white-collar investigations are done and the grave impact that it can cause you.
Are You A Federal Contractor or Employee Targeted for Federal Investigation for Criminal Procurement Fraud?
This is a very sensitive and unique area where you should exercise great caution. Federal government investigators usually investigation tips for criminal procurement fraud for years at a time. If you or your company is approached or receives a target letter, you want to act hastily. Get legal representation from a government investigative lawyer that also understand federal procurement law.
This is very important simply because many criminal defendants retain criminal defense attorneys that have no experience with the detailed and specialize nuances of federal government contracting law.
- Many criminal cases brought by federal law enforcement involve federal small business programs that have very unique rules. This includes HUBZone, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Programs, and the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program.
- At Watson & Associates, LLC our government investigation lawyers put together a team of government contracting attorneys and support staff that understand the rules. The goal is to protect you from improper allegations and criminal charges that federal govt investigation attorneys do not quite understand.
Legal White Collar Proceedings & Govt Investigations for Fraud
Oftentimes small businesses and larger DOD contractors face allegations of violating government compliance regulations. This can involve FAR compliance, SBA small business regulations such as HUBZone and 8(a) Program compliance, and lead to other types of procurement fraud investigations. Agency law enforcement or investigative white collar and corporate crime departments such as the IG’s Office may initiate legal proceedings and target you for an official investigation. See also the signs of being under investigation.
Other white-collar litigation and legal proceedings or fraud investigation where you may want to protect your rights include questioning and interviews, request for subpoena and documents.
- When the agency believes that it has a stronger case against you, then other legal proceedings may include indictments and formal charges.
- Other companies face federal investigations and legal exposure for failure to follow contractor accounting standards (CAS).
These are areas where our federal criminal investigative lawyers can help.
Important Things to Know – How to Tell Signs of Being Under Investigation
If You are Under Investigation and the Government Wants to Talk to You
The first thing potential defendants in government investigations should do is to understand that they have a right to remain silent. You should also immediately seek help from a criminal defense or white collar defense attorney that understands how the process works. At best, you should ask for a search warrant. This document should state what the investigators are looking for and areas expected to be searched. When you encounter signs of being under investigation, keep the following in mind.
- Do not speak to federal investigators or law enforcement without an attorney
- Do not speak to third-parties (even friends) about the situation (they are probably already working with the feds)
- Understand that statements made to third parties can be used against you by prosecutors
Call Watson’s Federal Investigative Lawyer
If you are looking to find a federal investigation attorney or federal procurement frauds defense attorney to save you or your company from potentially thousands or millions of dollars in fines, help with a federal subpoena for records, or to avoid suspension or debarment, contact a white collar defense attorney today.
If you are involved in federal government fraud investigations, participation in public corruption, need to find out if you are being investigated or need assistance with white collar crime litigation and criminal corporate investigation defense or federal procurement contract fraud investigation, corruption or an unpaid contract claim, call a federal criminal investigation defense lawyer for immediate help.
Call toll-free 1-866-601-5518 or 202.827-9750.