Federal government contractors and employees face increasing scrutiny when doing business with the federal government. Understanding how to deal with government investigators, understanding your constitutional and statutory rights can be problematic. As federal contract investigation lawyers, we help you to form a team of government contract lawyers and criminal attorneys that will aggressively fight for your rights.
Most companies are generally successful when performing federal government contracts. However, a few may find themselves subjected to government investigations for compliance failure or potential government procurement fraud investigations.
The government investigations lawyers at Watson & Associates, LLC help large and small businesses to address the government‘s investigative concerns and avoid costly legal mistakes while attempting to reduce criminal liability and or civil penalties. The federal criminal investigation process can be long and cumbersome. Having the right legal team on board can save time and money.
We have vast experience working for federal procurement agencies and understand the issues that can arise during a federal investigation involving government contracts, pricing, defective materials, fraudulent invoicing, pass-through contract schemes and more.
FEDERAL PROCUREMENT INVESTIGATION ATTORNEY SERVICES
Watson & Associates’ government investigation lawyers help small businesses and DOD contractors to overcome common mistakes when responding to subpoena’s from various law enforcement offices such as SBA Inspector General (IG), Department of Justice (DOJ); Veteran’s Administration IG investigations and others. The following represents some of the main topics that our practice department can help with. We can help clients with legal advice across the US and overseas companies in cases involving:
- Federal government contract fraud investigation and federal government contracts
- SBA small business size standards investigations
- Government contract compliance investigations
- Inspector General (IG) investigations
- Congressional investigations about procurement fraud schemes
- Federal Construction fraud investigations
- Limitation on subcontracting investigations
- Procurement Integrity Act
- Anti-kickback federal investigations
- Responding to federal subpoenas and request for documents
- DOJ government contract investigations
- SBA fraud investigation and federal small business programs (8(a), HUBZone Fraud), SDVOSB Fraud
- False Claims Act Investigations
- Invoices and performance issues
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS ATTORNEYS
As federal investigation attorneys for government contractors, the law firm represents and provides legal advice to clients in a wide variety of government investigations. This includes IG investigations regarding government contract fraud in the various small business programs including SDVOSB fraud, HUBZone fraud investigations, and federal investigations regarding the SBA 8(a) BD program.
We also help clients involved with criminal liability for submitting invoices, substandard materials and violations of limitations on subcontracting regulations.
- We form a team of professionals tailored to combat the underlying issues of federal investigators. There are several strategies used by federal law enforcement offices to eventually bring civil or criminal charges against you or your company. Depending on the type of investigation, we work closely with corporate executives, provide them with a clear strategic approach while protecting rights both at the pre-litigation and litigation stages.
- Help with small business regulations that local counsel may not be aware of.
- Develop sound legal strategies that solidify your defenses or help to minimize adverse decisions.
- Conduct internal investigations to see if there is an underlying problem that you can resolve. Part of our foresight is to see problems upfront that you can immediately address. As government and internal investigations attorneys, our goal is to cover all angles and be proactive and not reactive.
- Hire federal procurement fraud investigation attorneys that understand procurement law (decades of federal procurement experience.) Government contract investigations are very unique. When the contracting officer suspects fraud or a whistleblower files a complaint, the SBA Inspector General (IG) office of some other law enforcement agency will initiate an investigation. At Watson, our federal government investigation lawyers understand the procurement rules and the process.
- Many of our government investigations attorneys have worked for federal agencies. With law offices in Washington DC and Denver, CO, our law firm helps federal clients in all states to minimize or to avoid litigation. Having worked for federal agencies, we understand that federal law enforcement agencies pursue potential criminal liability for years before they issue subpoenas for records. By this time, the contractor or individual has long been under investigation.
SBA Small Business Program, IG and VA SDOVSB Procurement Fraud Investigation Lawyers
Oftentimes, the Small Business Administration will initiate procurement investigations that inquire into the legitimacy of small businesses doing business with the government. At Watson & Associates, our federal procurement fraud investigation lawyers help clients involved with SBA 8(a) purchasing fraud investigations; Veteran’s Administration SDVOSB Fraud (VA) and SBA HUBZone Program investigations and other issues such as pass-through procurement fraud schemes; alleged small business size standard violations and violation of the limitations on subcontracting regulations and more.
False Claims Act & Government Contract Investigation Lawyers
Many of the cases or inquiries against federal contractors involve False Claims Act and conspiracy allegations. At the end of the day, many law enforcement agencies tend to drift towards bringing either civil or criminal False Claims Act charges (or both). In addition, when more than one individuals or contractors are involved, they also can face conspiracy charges at the conclusion of an investigation. Our government contract investigations lawyers are here to help.
VA Purchasing and SDVOSB Fraud Investigations
In other cases, the VA may initiate procurement investigations against small businesses that appear to be defrauding the government. Our government contractor defense lawyers can utilize our expertise and experience to help reduce the impact of adverse decisions against SDVOSB small businesses.
As federal contractor defense attorneys, we represent corporate executives and individuals facing potential criminal liability in SDVOSB procurement fraud cases and a wide spectrum of white-collar litigation situations involving corporate federal government investigations.
Small Business Fraud & Federal Government Contract Investigations
In the last 15 years, the SBA and VA have increased their oversight and scrutiny for small businesses doing business with the government. The focus on more government contract investigations tends to involve allegations that small businesses are not in compliance with the FAR and SBA size standards regulations. As a result, the SBA IG or some other law enforcement offices initiate cases against contractors.
At Watson & Associates, our government investigation lawyers frequently represents clients for alleged violations of SBA size regulations or limitations on subcontracting investigations for alleged pass-through schemes.
WHO ARE OUR CLIENTS?
As federal procurement and government contract investigation lawyers, we represent:
- Fortune 100 companies
- Fortune 500 companies
- Federal government contractors (U.S. and Overseas)
- Healthcare providers
- Transportation and logistics companies
- Contractors involved in SBA Programs
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB) involved in VA contract investigations
- HUBZone Small Businesses
- SDVOSB contractors
- SBA 8(a) companies
- Federal Construction Companies
- Manufacturers and Service Contract Companies
- Pre-indictment and post-indictment representation
As government investigations attorneys, we find that we are more effective in representing and defending our clients in federal contracting investigations because of our day-to-day experience litigating the underlying substantive issues on a day-to-day basis. Call us for a criminal defense attorney consultation.
DEVELOP A SOLID LEGAL TEAM THAT UNDERSTANDS THE UNDERLYING ISSUES
As a government investigations law firm, we provide legal advice and representation in a variety of civil and federal government contract investigations. When criminal liability is possible, our investigations professionals develop a team of aggressive lawyers and professionals that are experienced with the various types of investigations.
The types of government contract and procurement fraud investigation cases that we handle include DOJ purchasing fraud investigations, government contract compliance investigations, SEC investigations, SBA IG and small business size cases, SDVOSB fraud cases, SBA 8a Fraud and HUBZone Program Fraud congressional investigations and government investigation regarding SBA size standards fraud and federal small business programs.
ARE YOU PLANNING OF RETAINING A TRADITIONAL CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY?
Many small businesses, individuals and large government contractors immediately seek to retain a local traditional criminal defense attorney for federal contract white collar crime cases. This is obviously one consideration. However, if the federal investigation is for a violation of procurement laws, then you want to hire legal counsel that also understands the various issues about government contracting involved in federal investigations.
- Hire federal investigations attorneys that also understand the Federal Acquisition Regulations and applicable procurement laws in criminal cases.
- You don’t want to spend unnecessary resources getting a regular criminal attorney up to speed on procurement laws
- Many federal contract investigations involve small business programs such as 8(a), SDVOSB and HUBZone legal issues. Having a federal government investigations law firm
that also understands the unique requirements can be beneficial.
How Do You Know That You Are Under Federal Investigation?
As an individual, corporation, or government contractor you will know that you are under federal investigation if federal agents try to communicate with you. As a federal government contractor, the Inspector General (IG), Federal Bureau of Investigation FBI Headquarters Washington DC, or other government investigation agencies may visit your home.
- At federal installations, your rumor mill tends to send hints through the ‘grapevine’ if you are a federal employee.
- You can also know that you are under a federal government investigation if a federal prosecutor sends you a letter stating that you are a target in a criminal investigation or civil federal investigation.
- Are there search warrants and or subpoenas for tax records from government law enforcement agencies?
OUTSIDE COUNSEL SERVICES & HELP FOR LOCAL CRIMINAL ATTORNEYS
Oftentimes small businesses and larger DOD contractors face allegations of violating government contract compliance regulations. This can involve either FAR compliance, SBA small business regulations such as SDVOSB, HUBZone and 8(a) Program compliance. We help local criminal attorneys with clients facing grand jury proceedings involving federal procurement matters.
As federal investigation attorneys with a focus on small business and procurement law, our law office provides outside counsel services and legal assistance for local criminal defense attorneys that may not understand the substantive issues involved. See also the signs of being under investigation.
Call Watson’s Federal Government Investigations Lawyers
If you considering talking to a lawyer or are looking to find federal government investigations lawyers, received a target letter or procurement fraud defense attorneys to save you or your company from potentially thousands or millions of dollars in fines or jail time, help with a federal subpoena for records, or to avoid suspension or debarment, contact a white-collar defense attorney today.
Call Watson’s federal investigation attorneys and government contract investigation lawyers toll-free 1-866-601-5518 or 202.827-9750.