Protect your legal rights from the very beginning of a federal government investigation. Learn the federal government investigations process and understand how the government’s allegations stack up against the facts. Not every defendant will leave a federal case without some level of damages. Our goal is to help you avoid some of the most costly legal mistakes made in federal government investigations.
- Get immediate representation when there is a subpoena for records etc.
- For issues related to government contracts or federal procurement and small business issues, we have decades of experience.
- Hire a criminal defense team that also understands federal matters.
- We build a team either for large contractors, small businesses or individuals
Getting a better understanding of your current position or future possibilities with government investigations is critical to how you take the next step.
- How you respond to government investigations can have a huge impact on how the ultimate case comes out. Many potential defendants targeted in a federal fraud investigation often put themselves in a bad situation by waiving their ability to speak with an attorney up front.
- Know the strengths and potential weaknesses of your federal contract criminal charge situation up front.
- According to Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Benjamin C. Mizer, The Department of Justice (DOJ) obtained more than $4.7 billion in settlements and judgments from civil cases involving fraud and false claims against the federal government in the fiscal year 2016 ending Sept. 30.
- Just in September 2017 alone, according to TRAC Reports, the latest available data from the Justice Department show that during that month the government reported 458 new white collar crime prosecutions.
Federal Government Investigations Attorney Services
At Watson & Associates, LLC, our federal defense attorneys represent corporate executives and individuals in a wide spectrum of situations involving corporate investigations by the federal government. We can help clients with legal advice across the US and overseas companies in cases involving:
- Federal procurement fraud investigation and federal government contracts
- SEC investigations
- Government contract compliance investigations
- Inspector General (IG) investigations
- Congressional investigations
- Procurement Integrity Act
- Federal contract criminal charge defense
- White collar investigations
- Responding to federal subpoenas and request for documents
- DOJ investigations
- Corporate investigations
- Government litigation
- SBA fraud investigation and federal small business programs (8(a), HUBZone), SDVOSB
- False Claims Act
- Invoices and performance issues
- Federal Bureau of Investigation FBI government investigations for procurement
Lead Federal Criminal Defense Lawyer: John Scorsine. Call a white collar investigation defense attorney today at 1-866-601-5518.
Experience: At Watson & Associates, LLC, our federal investigation lawyers and white collar defense attorneys bring over 25 years of experience to aggressively represent corporations and individuals in white collar criminal investigations, federal procurement fraud litigation and other types of government investigations.
The law firm provides legal advice and representation in a variety of civil and criminal situations including DOJ procurement fraud investigations, government compliance investigations, SEC investigations, congressional investigations and government investigation regarding SBA size standards fraud and federal small business programs.
Whether you have reason to believe that your company is not following the rules or someone has filed a whistleblower action against you, preparing for a federal contract criminal charge is usually the best choice. If you wait until the federal government comes knowing on your door, it may be too late to repair any damage.
We have represented individuals, small businesses and larger DOD contractors involved in varying amounts of government investigations. When you contact us, we will develop a team of criminal defense lawyers and government contract procurement attorneys with years experience with the various process that are important to the government investigation process.
Are you planning to retain a traditional criminal defense attorney?
Many small businesses, individuals and large government contractors immediately seek to retain a criminal defense attorney. This is obviously one consideration. However, if the investigation is for a violation of federal procurement law, then you want to hire legal counsel that also understand the various issues involved in federal investigations.
- Hire a defense attorney that also understands the Federal Acquisition Regulations and applicable procurement laws
- You don’t want to spend unnecessary resources getting a regular criminal attorney up to speed on procurement laws
- Many federal investigations involve small business programs such as 8(a), SDVOSB and HUBZone legal issues. Having a defense attorney that also understands the unique requirements can be beneficial.
Aggressive White Collar Criminal Defense & Federal Contract Criminal Charge Litigation Attorneys
When our clients contact us about pending federal contract criminal charge or federal government investigations, we quickly get to the heart of the problem and prepare them for investigator interviews, responding to subpoena requests and interrogatories and the pre-indictment process.
- Our goal is to develop the best defensive position up front and to preserve the record for litigation or appeal.
Full government investigation defense team: If we cannot resolve federal investigation concerns amicably, our civil lawyers and white collar criminal defense attorneys put together of a team of seasoned professionals to provide a sound defense to any criminal or civil actions.
- Fortune 100 companies
- Fortune 500 companies
- Federal government contractors
- Healthcare providers
- Transportation and logistics companies
- Small businesses
- Contractors involved in SBA Programs
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB)
- HUBZone Small Business
- Construction Companies
- Manufacturers and Service Contract Companies
Federal investigative agencies are pushing their efforts to criminally prosecute contractors across the U.S. and Overseas. We are here to help.
Legal Proceedings & Federal Procurement Fraud Investigions
Oftentimes small businesses and larger DOD contractors face allegations of violating government compliance regulations. This can involve FAR compliance, SBA small business regulations such as HUBZone and 8(a) Program compliance. Agency law enforcement or investigative white collar and corporate crime departments such as the IIG’s Office may initiate legal proceedings and target you for an official investigation.
Other legal proceedings or fraud investigation where you may want to protect your rights include questioning and interviews, request for subpoena and documents. When the agency believes that it has a stronger case against you, then other legal proceedings may include indictments and formal charges.
Other companies face federal investigations and legal exposure for failure to follow contractor accounting standards (CAS). These are areas where our federal compliance investigations lawyers can help.
Export Control and Federal Procurement Fraud Investigations
Given the heightened scrutiny of US export and import activities, federal agencies have increased the amount of Export Control and ITAR fraud investigations. At Watson & Associates, a white collar defense lawyer can help your company to sift through the legal issues and resolve matters short of criminal litigation for federal procurement contract fraud.
What Can You Do When The Feds Come Knocking on Your Door?
The first thing potential defendants in a government investigation should do is to understand that they have a right to remain silent. You should also immediately seek help from a criminal defense or white collar defense attorney that understands how the process works. At best, you should ask for a search warrant. This document should state what the investigators are looking for and areas expected to be searched.
Can You Challenge Your Sentence Resulting From a Federal Criminal Investigation?
Waiting until you receive a sentence stemming from a federal government investigation can be too late. Federal courts are usually set by certain mandatory guidelines. By having an investigative lawyer on your side early in the process, you may be in a better position to look at alternative besides going through the grand jury and trial stage. By looking at your options with a government investigations attorney or criminal defense lawyer, you will better understand the investigation process and how white collar law works.
Are You a Government Contractor Targeted in Government Investigations?
Federal law enforcement agencies have increased their targets for small businesses and large DOD contractors that are doing business with the federal government. Making sure that you have sought legal counsel from a defense attorney that understands both the criminal investigation process and federal procurement law is critical.
- Many government contractors make the mistake of retaining criminal defense attorneys that do not have the experience with federal government contracting or the procurement regulations.
At Watson & Associates, LLC our government investigation defense lawyers understand both areas of law and can better represent our clients.
For Immediate Help Call Watson’s Federal Investigation & Procurement Defense Lawyers
If you are looking to find a federal criminal investigation lawyer or federal procurement frauds defense attorney to save you or your company from potentially thousands or millions of dollars in fines, help with a federal subpoena for records, or to avoid suspension or debarment, contact a white collar defense attorney today.
If you are involved in federal government investigations or need assistance with white collar and corporate crime defense or federal procurement contract fraud investigation, corruption or an unpaid contract claim, call an investigative lawyer for immediate help.
Call toll-free 1-866-601-5518 or 202.827-9750.