Wojciech Kornacki Government Contracts & Suspension Debarment Lawyer Washington DC
Government Contracts and Compliance Attorney – Of Counsel
Wojciech Kornacki focuses his practice on federal contract compliance, contract dispute and litigation, and business ethics. He has successfully represented dozens of private companies and individuals as a suspension and debarment lawyer facing debarment and suspension, challenged and defended contract awards at the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, filed appeals and litigated claims at the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA) and the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (CBCA), drafted compliance policies and assisted in due diligence matters and training.
Mr. Kornacki has represented Clients in front of the following federal agencies: Department of Defense (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps), Small Business Administration, National Institutes of Health, Transportation Security Administration, and Government Services Administration, among others.
- Has represented numerous companies and Clients facing debarment and suspension, show cause letters, and administrative compliance agreements based on mischarging time, wrong charge code, overbilling, affiliation, improper gifts, poor performance, counterfeit goods, inflated credentials and proposals, convictions, misconduct, and financial matters
- Has advised Clients on U.S. export control laws and Foreign Military Sales relating to agreements to purchase defense articles and services worth billions of U.S dollars.
- Has represented Clients in bid protests concerning failure to follow solicitation requirements, unreasonable evaluations, cybersecurity issues, certificate of competency, delayed corrective action, and improper exclusion at the agency-level, Government Accountability Office, and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Served as a U.S. Army judge advocate in Germany, Iraq, and Virginia where he advised senior commanders on a variety of military matters and defended Soldiers during court-martials
- Developed corporate compliance policies on code of business ethics, mandatory disclosures, trade agreements, various aspects of cybersecurity, timekeeping, and post-federal government matters
- Served as a government procurement consultant for a government contractor hired to create a virtual classroom and training materials for the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center and School.
° Some of the above matters were handled by Mr. Kornacki prior to joining Watson and Associates L.L.C.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Government Contract Compliance and Business Ethics
- Suspension and Debarment
- Contract Litigation
- Bid Protests
- Contract Terminations
- Contract Disputes Act Claims and Litigation
- Security Clearances
- Bloomberg Federal Contracts Report: “Effective Trade Agreements Act and Pricing Compliance Programs for Federal Supply Schedules”, June 21, 2016
- Bloomberg Federal Contracts Report: “Procurement Integrity—New Bill Aims to Regulate Procurement Officers and Former Contractors Involved in Acquisitions”, September 15, 2015
- The Army Lawyer: “What Every Soldier and Legal Assistance Attorney Should Know about Servicemembers Group Life Insurance”, November 2006
- Bloomberg Federal Contracts Report: “‘Productive’ Claims Court Handed Out $1.3 Billion in 2017” (January 2018)
- Bloomberg Federal Contracts Report “If Watchdog Works for Contract Protesters, Why the Decline?” (November 2017)
- Bloomberg Federal Contracts Report: “‘Shocking’ Conduct Boosts Attorneys’ Fees Award” (April 2017)
- Bloomberg Federal Contracts Report: “HHS Couldn’t Justify IT Competition Cancellation, COFC Says” (July 27, 2016)
- Federal News Radio Interview “Now Is Not the Time to Get Too Comfortable in Your Billing Habits” (November 10, 2015)
- Federal News Radio Interview “What Does 2016 Have in Store for Federal Procurement?” January 5, 2016
- Bloomberg Federal Contracts Report – “Bid Protest: Agencies Roll the Dice as GAO Sustain Rate Nearly Doubles” (December 27, 2016)
- Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers: GAO Bid Protest Regulation Reforms: The New Proposed Rules and Their Impact on the Most Prevalent Grounds for Winning Protests, November 8, 2016
- Debriefing, Your Rights and Government Obligations, August 2016
- The U.S. Export Control Reforms: New Opportunities for Small Businesses and U.S. Exporters, June 2016
- Code of Business Ethics and Conduct with Practical Scenarios, May 2016
- The Most Prevalent Grounds for Sustaining Bid Protests, April 2016
- False Claims Act and Whistleblowers, Advanced Employment Law, April 2016
- Corporate Compliance & Ethics, Advanced Employment Law, April 2016
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Export Controls, and Best Practices for Businesses, March 2016
- Bid Protests 2015, Annual Review, March 2016
- Introduction to Cybersecurity: New and Emerging Cybersecurity Rules and Compliance Risks, Annual Review, March 2016
- Buy American Act and Trade Agreements Act, October 2015
- 14 Principals of Ethical Conduct, Annual Review, March, 2015
- Annual Compliance Training on the Code of Business Ethics, January 2015
- The Federal Acquisition Regulation and Business Ethics, April 2014
- Government Procurement, False Claims Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, April 2014
- LawLine: Protecting the Rights of Servicemembers and their Families, 2014
- Fiscal and Ethical Law Obligations for Federal Employees, Spring 2009
- “The Price of One Iraqi Life”, In These Times, by James Foley Article Interview, June 25, 2008
°Some of the above publications by Mr. Kornacki prior to joining Watson and Associates LLC.
New York State
Not admitted to Virginia bar. Practice limited to federal law only, at the U.S. Government Accountability Office, Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals, Civilian Board of Contract Appeals, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and federal agencies.
Kellogg College, Oxford University, M.St.
City University of New York School of Law at Queens College, J.D.
U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center and School, Basic Diploma
Pace University, B.A. (cum laude)
American Bar Association Military Pro Bono
New York State Bar Association
Oxford Alumni Association
U.S. Court of Federal Claims Bar Association
If you are seeking help from a suspension and debarment lawyer or other government contract matter, contact Mr. Kornacki online or call 1-866-601-5518.