Government Claims & Contract Dispute Attorney 

federal government contrat dispute lawyersTop Attorneys for Federal Contract Disputes Act CDA Contracting Litigation: Are you a federal government contractor struggling to get paid for your work? Are you dealing with a contracting officer denying changes to the scope of work that the government directed you to perform? Our federal government contract claims lawyers can help.

If you’re dealing with delay claims, differing site conditions, breach of contract claims, or other contract dispute issues with the government, our legal representation can help. As contractor lawyers, we specialize in preparing government contract claims under the Contract Disputes Act to increase your chances of getting paid.

 Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward getting the compensation you deserve.

Watson & Associates’ Government Contract Dispute attorneys work with small businesses and large DOD contractors by helping them to avoid some of the most costly legal mistakes when preparing and submitting contract claims against the federal government.  

Despite trying your best to please the contracting officer and interested parties, there comes a time when you cannot perform work on a government contract for free.

Tip: Do not sign FAR release of claims government contract document unless you first hire legal counsel. You can end up losing thousands of millions.

Preparing and submitting government contractor claims can be a difficult process. Large businesses and small businesses alike quickly find out that there is more to developing a Contract Disputes Act claim than creating spreadsheets and a cover letter.  Agency contracting officers deny claims from contractors simply for technical reasons such as not complying with the Contract Disputes Act requirements. When you have hundreds of thousands of dollars or even millions of dollars at risk, it makes a difference in how you prepare your documents and support.

  At Watson & Associates, our government contractor lawyers frequently help large and small businesses assess the merits, prepare and litigate government contract claims against the federal government. When the contracting officer denies the contractor’s claim without merit to the decision, the law firm aggressively litigates appellate cases before the respective agency Board of Contract Appeals or to the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.

Attorneys for contractor disputes involving federal government contracts nationwide and overseas. Agency contracting officers frequently deny contractor claims for failure to comply with Contract Disputes Act certification laws, failure to provide a demand or written assertion for money in a sum certain, or failure to notify the agency in a timely manner. In other situations, the agency will deny the contract claim because the contractor previously signed a waiver of the claim that generally precludes you from bringing others against the federal government. 

US and overseas government contract claims services: Our government breach of contract dispute lawyers have national and international reach. We have former government procurement personnel on our team. We, therefore, are in a better position to advocate on your behalf.

At Watson & Associates, LLC, we help clients resolve government contractor claims over $ 1 Million in both construction and service industries.


When it comes to the basics of how to file a claim on a government contract, you cannot make many mistakes. At Watson & Associates, LLC, our government contract dispute law lawyers provide legal assistance with construction litigation support and service contract claims services.  We work with the company’s key players and provide guidance on how to increase your chances of getting paid.

Law offices in Washington DC and Colorado: We have national reach and can help any federal contractor in the United States.  As government contracting attorneys for federal contract disputes, we have successfully used our contract claims services to help clients to develop requests for equitable adjustments, cure notices, negotiate change orders, and address out-of-scope work.

Lawyers for Contractor Disputes With the Federal Government – Help from beginning to end:  As government contract claims lawyers, we get involved at the performance stage all the way to claims and dispute litigation at the various courts such as the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA), Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (CBCA), Court of Federal Claims (COFC) and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.

Government Contract Claims Lawyer Services 

  • Litigation of contractor claims and appeals – CBCA, ASBCA, United States Court of Federal Claims
  • Contractor dispute resolution and federal claims appeals
  • Construction litigation support for performance and scope changes
  • Breach of contract claims against the government
  • Cost Disallowance
  • Contract delays
  • Government contract claims for Defective pricing
  • Constructive and formal change orders
  • Federal contractor claims avoidance
  • Out-of-scope work
  • Government Contract Release of Claims 

  • Breach of contract damages
  • Change orders
  • FAR Contractor’s release of claims disputes
  • Constructive changes
  • Equitable adjustments
  • Statute of limitations government contract claims
  • construction contract claims against the federal government-  changes & dispute resolution
  • Non-payment of invoices
  • Implied in fact disputes
  • Performance disputes
  • Scope of work changes and modifications
  • Accelerations and claims substantiation
  • Service agreements
  • Construction claims 


  • Alternative Dispute Resolution
  • Federal Government Contract Disputes Act Claims Litigation & Jurisdiction
  • Contract delays
  • Consequential damages
  • Liquidated damages
  • Terminations
  • Prompt Payment Act disputes and payment of invoices
  • Statement of Work changes was done by order of the COTR
  • Good faith claims and federal contract litigation support services

Government Contract Dispute Law and Contractor Claims FAQs

Can the CO Deny a Meritorious Contractor Claim When the Claim Does not Meet the Government Contract Disputes Act Requirements? Not only can the CO deny what would normally be a viable claim, but they also do it quite often. This leaves you to figure out how to deal with and correct the problem. The government contractor claims requirements can be very tricky. 

What Happens When the Contracting Officer Fails to Specify the Reason for Denying Your Contract Claim? Is this By Itself Grounds for Filing an Immediate Appeal? No. Many Contracting Officer Final Decisions (COFD) do not articulate the details and reasons for denying government appeals. 

Contractor Claims Appeal of Contracting Officer’s Final Decision

When the contracting officer denies your CDA contracting claim, you can appeal the decision to the ASBCA, CBCA or US Court of Federal Claims (COFC). Oftentimes construction companies and service contractors attempt to handle the litigation pro se only to find themselves emersed in a set very complex and tricky rules. Our Government Contract Law Dispute Lawyers can minimize unnecessary litigation costs,

 Government Construction Claims Dispute Attorneys

Lawyers for Contract Disputes on Federal Projects Across the Country and Overseas: When construction companies experience differing site conditions, unexpected delays, and excused delays, our government disputes attorneys can help address the legal issues while developing a claim against the government that meets the Contract Disputes Act requirements. 

Need Contract Law Disputes Resolution? Call Our Government Breach of Contract Disputes Lawyers

If you are anticipating issues with upcoming breach of contract claims against the government, filing contract claims against the federal government, or need attorneys who can help with dispute resolution, call our government contract claims lawyers and Contract Disputes Act government contracting attorney for immediate help.

Call Watson & Associates, LLC government contract disputes lawyer for contractor disputes with the federal government. Toll-Free at 1-866-601-5518.

Theodore P. Watson
Attorney & Consultant
View Profile

Practice Leader

High-Profile Government Contractor Defense Attorney
Wojciech Kornacki government security clearance lawyer appellate attorney
federal contracting claims and Agency protest

Theodore P. Watson
Attorney & Consultant
View Profile

Wojciech Kornacki
Attorney & Consultant
View Profile

Cheryl Adams
Attorney & Consultant
View Profile


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

For help preparing litigation with the federal government and defending government contract claims at the CBCA, ASBCA  or help with how to resolve contract disputes in the US Court of Federal Claims, call our federal government procurement contract claims lawyers, contract dispute lawyers, or contact us online today. Call Watson & Associates toll-free today at 1 (866) 601-5518 or 202.827-9750 in Washington, DC.