Suspension and Debarment Lawyers
When an agency recommends your company for suspension and debarment from government contracts, the rationale may not always be a legally sound one.Yet. your company may face the drastic sanction of not being able to do business with the federal government.
Debarment from government contracts is a drastic sanction. Sometimes an experienced debarment attorney may uncover mistakes made by the agency or contracting officer. By developing a sound and convincing response, you may be able to convince the suspension and debarment official to terminate and further action.
The federal suspension and debarment lawyers at Watson & Associates, LLC understand federal procurement regulations and can help respond to cure notices, a notice of proposed debarment, or represent clients facing being debarred from federal contracts at a hearing.
We help federal employees, small businesses and large government contractors nationwide and overseas.
At Watson & Associates, LLC, our federal debarment lawyers have decades of experience helping clients overcome adverse decisions by the agency. We have attorneys that have actually worked for the government and have the ability to represent clients nationwide and overseas.
Debarment Lawyer Services
Watson & Associates’ Government Contracts attorneys frequently represent and consult with federal contractors facing federal debarment and suspensions. We help companies to develop sound internal policies and controls, negotiate settlement agreements, and attend hearings on behalf of employees or government contracting firms.
- Respond to agency proposals and recommendations for debarment
- Representation with contract compliance, government investigations or other legal proceedings when individuals are being debarred from government employment
- We help with cooperative agreements and settlement proposals
- Ethics advice and compliance audits and plans.
- Ethics training
- Debarment appeals
Debarred from Government Employment?
Sometimes the government will try to recommend an adverse suspension and or debarment action against federal employees. If you are being debarred from government employment, our law firm has successfully helped federal employees to get another chance to advance their careers.
22 CFR§ 1006.865 How long does debarment last?
Depending on the facts of your case, the debarring official will more than likely look at the seriousness of the facts. The more serious infractions will cause a debarment to last a longer period of time. As a general rule, your debarment should not last more than three years.
If you face more serious situations, the debarring official may be justified in using a longer period of time.
National and overseas reach
With law offices in Washington DC and in Denver, Colorado, the law firm is uniquely positioned to represent small businesses throughout the country and US government contractors overseas facing adverse procurement debarment and suspension of government contractors.
Help for Small Business Government Contracts and Large Businesses
Watson & Associates have also helped defense contractors avoid being debarred. We understand the procurement rules and understand that sometimes agency actions are not fair.
REASONS FOR SUSPENSION OR DEBARMENT
There are many reasons why debarment from government contracts occurs. They include criminal actions such as:
- Criminal or civil fraud, embezzlement, bribery, theft, forgery, false statements, falsifying documents, falsification or destruction of records, tax evasion, violating Federal criminal laws, receiving stolen property, an unfair trade practice.
- Regarding government contracts, you can be placed on the suspension or debarment list for violation of antitrust statutes, a history of failure to perform on government contracts, violation of the rules for maintaining a drug-free work environment.
- Failure to pay or tax delinquency over $3,000
- Failure to disclose instances of criminal law violation
Tip Procurement fraud and criminal allegations that could lead to suspension or debarment from government contracts. Companies must be mindful having two separate cases going on can lead to disastrous results. Do not make the mistake of having an attorney representing you in one case and yet another firm representing you in a criminal case. Evidence in one case can hurt you in the other case.
Tip When responding to notices of suspension or debarment, you should not focus on blame. Although this is an important aspect of your defense, you must also focus on facts showing the SDO why you are a responsible contractor. This is where our SAM debarment and suspension attorneys can help.
Contact Watson’s Federal Debarment Lawyers
FOR IMMEDIATE HELP CALL THE FEDERAL CONTRACTS and SUSPENSION DEBARMENT LAWYERS AT WATSON & ASSOCIATES FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION TOLL-FREE AT 1-866-601-5518.
Get a FREE CONSULTATION
- Learn important tips when defending and responding to contractor suspension / debarment actions.
- Read more about Administrative Agreements
- Appeals in the Federal Debarment and Suspension System.
- What is Suspension of Government Contractors Definition & Meaning
- Ten Commandments to Avoid Contractor Debarment and suspension
- Suspension Debarment of Government Contractors
- Protecting Taxpayer Dollars: Federal Agency Use Of Sanctions (Video)