Suspension and Debarment Attorneys & Federal Debarment List Lawyers
Helping Government Contractors in All States. Call for a FREE Confidential Consultation at 1-866-601-5518.
A government contractor’s status is one of the essential assets it must protect in order to do business with the federal government. Being threatened with suspension and debarment actions in the System for Award Management can become a serious issue when dealing with false claims, procurement fraud or simply not complying with contract terms or conditions.
- When companies receive notice of suspension and debarment actions, how they respond is critical to the outcome of the case.
- Debarment and suspension officials have great latitude on how the case turns out.
- Developing an effective response is essential.
DID THE AGENCY GIVE YOU NOTICE OF ALL GROUNDS FOR SUSPENSION OR DEBARMENT? SHOULD THEY?
One most overlooked issues when the government issues a suspension or debarment notice is the failure to give you all of the reasons. The problem is that you still have some level of due process rights. A court ruled in one situation that the General Services Administration unfairly debarred an individual because GSA did not give him notice of all of the grounds for his debarment and the required opportunity to respond to each of the reasons prior to the agency’s final debarment determination.
Suspension and Debarment Attorney Services
- Representation in a government investigation or legal proceedings
- Responding to proposed debarment and suspension actions
- Help with discovery requests and responding to questions
- Representation at hearings and throughout the debarment process
- Developing response briefs
- Cooperative agreements
- Initial assessment of the merits in your case
- Procurement fraud and criminal allegations that could lead to debarment and suspension
- Allegations of small business fraud, false claims violations and SBA program fraud
With law offices in Washington DC and Colorado, the federal suspension and debarment lawyers at Watson & Associates, LLC provide legal advice and guidance to government contractors face with threats of being debarred or have received notice of, proposed federal debarment list and suspension actions. Our government contract law attorneys help clients with responding to show-cause notices, negotiating administrative agreements and to take proactive measures by implementing sound internal policies and controls. This goes a long way in convincing debarment officials that you can be considered a responsible contractor.
When t comes to being declared ineligible for future government contracts, we understand how that impacts your business. We help with responses to debarment letters, appearance on behalf of individuals and government contractors, and compliance with administrative agreements. Our goal is to help our clients maintain their federal government status and to avoid being added to the excluded parties list.
Over 30 years of government contracting experience. Watson’s suspension and debarment lawyers provide professional legal services and consulting based on years of experience from working as executives for federal contracting agencies. The law firm is well-versed in FAR compliance and understands the nuances of avoiding the federal debarment list in the System for Award Management.
System for Award Management & Debarred Meaning and Application Under FAR 9.4
Government wide suspension and debarment cases are imposed to prevent a company from doing future contracts or other business with the government. When on the exclusion list, you can bid as a prime or subcontractor for DOD contract awards. On the other hand, when companies face suspension under FAR 9.4, the contractor is temporarily suspended for up to 18 months while they wait for the conclusion of an agency action or government investigation. The debarred definition can prevent a government contractor from doing business with the federal government a set period of time.
Legal defense from criminal allegations from the executive branch contracting agencies. Suspension and debarment actions often arise from underlying actions from False Claims Act violations, Anti-Kickback Statute violations, selling defective products to the government, or even violations of the Buy America Act. Our government contractor suspension and federal debarment list lawyers provide legal support for criminal defense lawyers that are not familiar with the applicable government contracting laws.
Get a FREE CONSULTATION
- Learn important tips when defending and responding to contractor suspension / debarment actions.
- Read more about Administrative Agreements During Suspension or Debarment.
- Appeals in the Federal Debarment and Suspension System.
- What is Suspension of Government Contractors Definition & Meaning
- Ten Commandments to Avoid Contractor Suspension and Debarment
- Suspension and Debarment of Government Contractors – Debarred Definition
- Protecting Taxpayer Dollars: Federal Agency Use Of Suspension and Debarment Sanctions (Video)