Avoid costly legal mistakes with differing site conditions and Contract Disputes Act Claims and Appeals. We help you to capitalize on government mistakes and to aggressively protect your rights when you are entitled to payment. With decades of experience our federal Government construction contract attorneys protect the rights of our clients in ALL STATES.
General contractors often find themselves challenging adverse contracting officer decisions regarding differing site condition, construction weather delay claims, other construction delays, and even agency denials of requests for equitable adjustments, and construction claims under the Contract Disputes Act (“CDA”).
If there is not, then the appeals court has no jurisdiction to hear the appeals case. There have been several cases litigated on these very issues without even reaching the merits of the actual case. You want to minimize these situations at all cost. Our federal construction law attorneys and construction claims consultants can help.
With law offices in Washington, DC and Colorado, the federal government construction law lawyers at Watson & Associates LLC frequently help general contractors and small businesses across the United States to resolve construction contract claims changes & dispute resolution with the federal owner and avoid costly legal mistakes when in litigation with the federal government.
- Prompt responses
- Avoid costly mistakes in Contract Disputes Act Claims
- Reliable legal advice based on trust and long-term relationships
- Free initial consultation. Call 1-866-601-5518.
Federal Government Construction Contract Attorney Services
Watson & Associates, LLC handles a wide variety of federal government contracting cases, including the following:
- Government construction delay claims – When companies bid on construction jobs, it is common for the contracting officer to deny claims for legally valid delay claims in the contract agreement. The common dispute is whether or not there is a compensable claim, or whether the agency was required to give you extra time to complete the project.
The facts of every case are important to the outcome. Federal construction contractors, should communicate with the contracting officer as early as possible and keep a record of all communications. Avoid the costly legal mistake of taking direction from the contracting officer representative. This can be the kiss of death depending on the facts.
- Construction weather delay claims and differing site conditions – This yet a very common dispute between general contractors
- Government small business matters and construction claims – At Watson & Associates LLC, the law firm provides legal advice about issues that not only include traditional federal construction law but also where experience with small business issues can serve as an important part of the ultimate resolution. Our government construction contract lawyers are well-versed in areas such as affiliation, HUBZone requirements and contractors certified under the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program.
- Federal construction standards violations, litigation, and compliance with Contract Disputes Act requirements: When a contractor fails to correctly process claims, the contracting officer will often deny your request. After award, our construction contract claims changes & dispute resolution attorneys provide legal advice on FAR construction compliance, construction scope changes, differing site conditions and preparing timely Contract Disputes Act claims.
- Federal Miller Act disputes – When contractor contracts invovle issues related to payment bonds and performance bonds, our construction claims consultants can provide the requisite legal counsel to provide cost-effective results.
- SBA size standards and limitation in subcontracting requirements. Both large and small businesses run the risk of violating the complex SBA size standards and affiliation rules. With a broad understanding of the common legal issues, our federal contract law attorneys provide reliable legal advice and guidance about small business size standard violations, Subcontracting plans and filing construction contract claims and appeals.
- Federal construction laws — litigation and contract appeals – when the agency makes an adverse decision and alleges that you violated procurement laws, we prepare to handle to dispute on appeal to the requisite appellate court. As construction contractor attorneys, we frequently appear before the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (CBCA); the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA); GAO; SBA OHA and the Small Business Administration for size protest and affiliation matters, the US Court of Federal Claims (COFC) and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Additional matters: As contractor attorneys, we can also help with:
- Construction contract claims preparation;
- Compliance with Contract Disputes Act requirements;
- FAR federal construction laws and legal scope changes
- Bid protests on federal government construction projects
- Requests for equitable adjustments,
- Patent Claims in federal contractor contracts
- Construction legal defect claims
- Differing site conditions
- Joint ventures and small business disputes
- Litigation and appeals court cases
To speak with a federal construction law litigation attorney about your pending case, call 1-866-601-5518.
Contact Watson’s Government Construction Contract Lawyers Today to Avoid Costly Legal Mistakes
To speak with an experienced federal government construction contract attorneys, call Watson & Associates, LLC toll-free at 866-601-5518 to schedule a FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION.