SBA Government Contracting & Federal Small Business Contract Lawyers DC
Federal SBA Government Contracting Attorney and Federal Small Business Government Contract Lawyers Helping Federal Contractors in ALL STATES to Avoid Common and Costly Legal Mistakes While Staying Compliant With the Rules Governing Government Contracts for Small Businesses.
Nationwide Help. Call 1.866.601.5518. FREE Initial Consultation.
Getting federal government contracts for small businesses is especially difficult for companies seeking to get established in the federal procurement marketplace. When companies finally get federal contracts, they also experience difficulty and confusion with the various FAR regulations and SBA small business government contract laws as it relates to SBA small business size standards.
- Over three decades fo government experience
- 80% of our federal contracting cases involve small business contract matters
- Prompt turn around
- Aggressive representation
Government small business contracts can generate significant revenues for your company. However, it comes with the price of understanding the complex regulations that govern performance and business relationships with other companies. At Watson & Associates, we help our clients with various aspects of federal small business contracting including:
- teaming agreements and joint ventures
- SBA mentor protege program matters
- Small business size protest representation
- SBA government contracting litigation and appeals
- Consulting on small business strategies to secure more federal contracts.
As small businesses, you do not have to hire an in-house government contracts attorney to flourish in the federal procurement marketplace.
GET IMMEDIATE ACCESS TO LEGAL COUNSEL WITHOUT HAVING TO HIRE A LARGE LAW FIRM.
Get immediate help with how to get small business government contract and:
- Teaming Arrangements and Avoiding Costly Legal Mistakes
- Joint Ventures and SBA Government Contracting Affiliation
- Limitations on Subcontracting
- Meeting the government requirements for small business contracts
- SBA Size Protests Small Business Attorneys
- Tailored Approach to Finding and Securing Federal Contracts.
- Litigation and Appeals Relevant to government contracts for small businesses
- Competitive rates.
- Free Initial Consultation
Our federal small business contract lawyers have accomplished favorable results from clients in various industries. In addition, over the past ten years, the federal government has launched a series of investigations involving that have led to terminations for default, suspension and debarment, and criminal indictments.
- Complete guidance under FAR Part 19
- SBA government contracting legal advice under 13 CFR Part 121
- Resolve mentor protege disputes
Federal Government Small Business Contract Lawyer Services
With over 30 years of experience and with law offices in Washington, DC and in Denver, Colorado, the federal small business contract attorneys and SBA government contract lawyers at Watson & Associates, LLC frequently help with businesses nationwide with federal government contracts for small businesses and the legal issues that come with them.
We help to navigate through the various government contracts for small businesses issues that arise on a daily basis such as meeting the Small Business Administration definition and compliance under FAR Part 19. Common areas of our SBA consulting practice includes providing guidance with:
- Teaming agreements – business agreement between two parties
- Mentor-protege and JV agreements
- Limitation on subcontracting matters
- Pass through FAR clauses in government contract for small business
- SBA 8(a) Program matters
- Small business set aside disputes under FAR Part 19
- Affiliation and size protests disputes
- Internal policies and controls
- Internal investigations
- FAR compliance, and more.
- SDVOSB veteran business matters
- SBA size standards and Small business size protest litigation
To Speak to our federal government contract small business lawyers and SBA attorneys about matters related to government contracts for small businesses, call 1-866-601-5518. FREE Initial Consultation.
FAR Definition of Small Business
Per Subpart 19.3 — Determination of Small Business Status for Small Business Programs
a) To be eligible for award as a small business, an offeror must represent in good faith that it is a small business at the time of its written representation. An offeror may represent that it is a small business concern in connection with a specific solicitation if it meets the definition of a small business concern applicable to the solicitation and has not been determined by the Small Business Administration (SBA) to be other than a small business.
(b) The contracting officer shall accept an offeror’s representation in a specific bid or proposal that it is a small business unless
(1) another offeror or interested party challenges the concern’s small business representation or
(2) the contracting officer has a reason to question the representation. Challenges of and questions concerning a specific representation shall be referred to the SBA in accordance with 19.302.
(c) An offeror’s representation that it is a small business is not binding on the SBA. If an offeror’s small business status is challenged, the SBA will evaluate the status of the concern and make a determination, which will be binding on the contracting officer, as to whether the offeror is a small business. A concern cannot become eligible for a specific award by taking action to meet the definition of a small business concern after the SBA has determined that it is not a small business.
(d) If the SBA determines that the status of a concern as a small business, veteran-owned small business, service-disabled veteran-owned small business, HUBZone small business, small disadvantaged business or women-owned small business has been misrepresented in order to obtain a set-aside contract, an 8(a) subcontract, a subcontract that is to be included as part or all of a goal contained in a subcontracting plan, or a prime or subcontract to be awarded as a result, or in furtherance of any other provision of Federal law that specifically references Section 8(d) of the Small Business Act for a definition of program eligibility, the SBA may take action as specified in Sections 16(a) or 16(d) of the Act.
If the SBA declines to take action, the agency may initiate the process. The SBA’s regulations on penalties for misrepresentations and false statements are contained in 13 CFR 121.108 for small business, 13 CFR 124.501 for 8(a) small business, 13 CFR 124.1004 for small disadvantaged business, 13 CFR 125.29 for veteran or service-disabled veteran-owned small business, 13 CFR 126.900 for HUBZone small business, and 13 CFR 127.700 for economically disadvantaged women-owned small business concerns and women-owned small business (WOSB) concerns eligible under the WOSB Program.
FAR Part 19 Set Aside Requirements & SBA Government Contracting Opportunities
Our government small business contract and federal procurement lawyers have developed a reputation for providing solid legal advice and business resource help with US government contracts for small businesses under SBA contracting programs and disputes under FAR Part 19. This includes SBA government contracting 8a certification, HUBZone Certification, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business set asides (SDVOSB), and Woman-Owned WOSB Certification programs. See our practice areas to see how we can further help you to meet the government requirements for small projects.
GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR TEAMING AGREEMENTS, MENTOR PROTEGES AND JOINT VENTURES
A huge hurdle for companies seeking larger small business contracts with federal government agencies is the proper use of contractor teaming agreements, Mentor Protege relationships, and joint venture agreements. Watson’s small business government contract lawyers provide detailed guidance when bidding teaming partners and SBA government contracting with joint ventures. The firm also provides legal representation in SBA affiliation challenges to awarded federal business opportunities and providing legal advice about SBA size standards. We serve as contractor lawyers in various disputes.
SMALL BUSINESS LAWYERS FOR GOVERNMENT CONTRACT CLAIMS
When contractors face problems with government contract claims, we also provide legal assistance from the claims submission stage all the way to appealing the contracting officer’s final decision to the ASBCA, CBCA or U.S Court of Federal Claims.
SBA SIZE STANDARDS AND FEDERAL SMALL BUSINESS BID PROTESTS
Our government small business contract lawyers often represent government contractors when there are small business size standards protest disputes under the Ostensible Subcontractor Rule or the SBA has issued an adverse size determination decision. Meeting the small business definition is critical. Our SBA lawyers frequently practice before SBA OHA and understand the common legal issues that arise during litigation and appeals of cases involving . Find out more about our SBA size appeal attorney services.
Our government small business lawyer services cover all states regarding legal and non-legal matters concerning US . As SBA contract advice and Government contracting attorneys, we also assist with government contract for small business firms and large DoD contractors in Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, U.S. Virgin Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington DC small business attorney DC, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Cities in which our federal small business contract lawyers assist with government contract for small business firms include Anchorage, AK; Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Colorado Springs, CO; Dallas, TX; Denver, Colorado; Indianapolis, IN; Las Vegas, NV; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; Philadelphia, PA; San Antonio, TX; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Santa Clara, CA; SBA government contracting Attorney DC, and Tampa, FL.
Get a FREE CONSULTATION
- SBA Affiliation Definition & Joint Venture Agreements
- Federal Woman Owned Small Business WOSB Certification
- SBA Initiates Clarification on Small Business Size Protest Standing Under 13 CFR 121.1001
- SBA Issues Important New Small Business Guidance
- Important New SBA HUB Zones Subcontracting Compliance Amendments for Small Business Subcontracts
- Similarly Situated Small Business Contractor and Limitations on Subcontracting Rule
- SBA Affiliation Rules 13 CFR Part 121.103, Teaming Agreement vs Joint Venture Agreement Lawyer (video)