Helping Native Tribes and ANC 8a companies Avoid Costly Legal Mistakes While Increasing Their Bottom Line. Free Initial Consultation – 1-866-601-5518.
SBA Native American Government Contracts
8a Contracts Teaming Arrangements & Joint Ventures
Litigation, Appeals, Bid Protests Small Business Consulting
Although Federal Native American government contract law allows tribal 8a Program participants and Alaskan Native Corporations (ANC) to abide by a unique set of rules, there are still legal issues that can still arise in federal procurement given Native American government benefits
Also, Native American small businesses still struggle with business development strategies that achieve successful results and increased revenues. This is especially true for Tribal 8a Contract Participants more so than with Alaska Native Corporations.
In other cases, Native American government contractors face allegations of affiliation or teaming arrangement violations. Although FAR and procurement regulations provide for unique exceptions to the traditional affiliation rules, there is still a common misconception that Native American contracting with the federal government has no limitations for teaming arrangements, joint venture agreements or past performance usage.
This is simply not the case. After meeting the initial Native American 8a requirements, there are still cases at the SBA OHA and GAO that prove this point.
With law offices in Washington, DC and Colorado, the government contracts attorneys and procurement Native American Lawyers at Watson & Associates, LLC provide high-level business consulting and legal advice to Native American small businesses that are seeking to start their business development process, or need experienced attorneys that understand federal government contract law and the SBA 8a Program.
Government Contract Consulting Services
In addition to our vast practice areas, we offer assistance with:
- Strategic business development and relationships
- Serving as outside legal counsel for Native American contracting services
- SBA 8a contract regulations and small business compliance
- Teaming arrangements and joint venturing
- Positioning for Native American government benefits
- Asset purchase sales and novations
- FAR Compliance and statutory interpretation
- Bid protests and Litigation
- Small Business Administration (SBA) and litigation at the SBA Office of Hearings and Appeals
Additional Native American Contracting Services
- Consulting for Alaska Native Corporations and Tribal economic business development councils.
- Assistance with developing strategies to secure more federal projects and grants.
- Guidance on compliance with 8a program requirements and establishing internal controls and compliance programs.
- Drafting and negotiating teaming agreements and subcontracts between 8(a) and business teaming partners
- Developing mentor protégé agreements and providing legal advice on those relationships
- Assistance and guidance in targeting new federal projects
- Contract Disputes Act and Claims Appeal
- Legislative and procurement policy advocacy services.
- Litigation and appeals of adverse decisions
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals litigation and Court of Federal Claims
Over 30 years Experience in Federal Government Procurement. Native American Government Contract Benefits, Call 1-866-601-5518 for Immediate Help.
Native American Contracting, Bid Protests, 8a Program Small Business Litigation, and Appeals
Although many large Native American government contracting entities may have internal legal counsel, sometimes a favorable decision involving Native American and 8a Program issues can surface from outside counsel that understand both the government’s position and the contractor’s position. At Watson, Native American attorneys our ANC and Tribal government contract law lawyers frequently practice before courts such as the Government Accountability Office (GAO), U.S. Court of Federal Claims, US Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, the SBA in size protest and affiliation disputes, and the various Boards of Contract Appeals.
Sometimes issues arise in protest against agency award and evaluation decisions where protestors are not aware of price preferences in full and open competition or the ability for Native tribes as government contractors to use special rules on teaming and subcontracting.
- We serve as Intervenor attorneys for Native American contracting issues or bid protest lawyers for corporate contracting entities at all levels.
Given the special regulations, some tribal entities, or Alaskan Native Corporations (ANC) may sometimes experience challenges to their qualifications in sole sourcing and small business set asides. Our government contract Native American lawyers can help.
FAR Compliance and Government Contract Management Consulting: Given the increased level of contractor scrutiny, government agencies are more adept to investigate Native American 8a Program companies for compliance, False Claims Act Violations, and procurement law violations. Our goal is to ensure that small businesses have the necessary FAR compliance and internal policies and controls that can minimize the impact from government investigations and audits.
Government Contract Disputes and Claims Assistance: Develop adequate contract claims documents and improve your chances of getting paid early. Many federal contractors still have a difficult time getting paid for work performed. More cases also dismissed for failure to follow the rightful claims dispute regulations. Watson’s Native American attorneys can assist with:
- Contract claims preparation and submission
- Requests for Equitable Adjustments
- Claims appeal after final contracting officer determination
Watson’s federal government contract lawyers represent Native American tribes 8(a) contractors in all states regarding litigation and trial matters. We intervene for federal small businesses and large DoD contractors in Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, U.S. Virgin Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington, DC, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Cities in which our CO and Washington DC government contract lawyers help super 8a Contract Native American federal contractors include Anchorage, AK; Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Colorado Springs, CO; Dallas, TX; Denver, Colorado; Indianapolis, IN; Las Vegas, NV; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; Philadelphia, PA; San Antonio, TX; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Santa Clara, CA; and Tampa, FL.
Call Our Super 8a Program Government Contracts & Native American Lawyers
To maximize small business opportunities and resolve disputes about 8a contracts, call the federal Native American government contracting attorneys at Watson & Associates, LLC today. Call 202-827-9750 or 1-866-601-5518.