ARE YOU BEING INVESTIGATED FOR FEDERAL FALSE CLAIMS ACT VIOLATIONS ?
- As soon as you find out that you are under investigation or have been contacted by law enforcement offices such as the Inspector General (IG), Department of Justice (DOJ, etc. you hire a False Claims Act attorney.
- Although it is advisable to speak and cooperate with federal law enforcement, It by no means suggests that you should inquire about and protect your legal and constitutional rights.
Having the best Whistleblower attorney to defend you after you have waived your rights does you no good.
FEDERAL FALSE CLAIMS ACT ATTORNEYS DEFENDING YOU FROM DANGEROUS CRIMINAL ALLEGATIONS BY FEDERAL PROSECUTORS
FCA whistleblowing is huge business across the United States. To adequately represent criminal defendants charged with violating the False Claims Act Whistleblower Statute, our law firm forms a strategic approach to fulfilling your legal defense. This means assessing the facts alleged by the Federal Government, interviewing potential witnesses, and ultimately gauging the strength and weaknesses of your case.
- Federal prosecutors have ten times as many resources as you do. We help you to build a sound defense team that includes federal criminal defense lawyers, former government attorneys, a support staff that may include paralegals and investigators.
- When your life and liberty as at risk and you stand a chance of being charged with criminal with False Claims Act violations, having attorneys that understand the federal criminal process both at pre-indictment and post-indictment is critical.
MEDICARE WHISTLEBLOWER PROTECTION & DEFENSE
If you are in the healthcare industry, a profession or individual facing a Medicare whistleblower lawsuit, of criminal defense attorneys can step and represent your legal interests.
The Medicare Whistleblower protection regulations forbid you from retaliating against employees. Failing to adhere to them can aggravate your case for Medicare false claims violations.
- Understand the strengths and weakness in your case
- Connect with the best whistleblower lawyers that understand the federal criminal process.
FEDERAL PROCUREMENT AND FALSE CLAIMS ACT VIOLATIONS
Both large DOD contractors and small businesses across the United States have been targeted for fraud and False Claims Act violations in government contracting. Small businesses especially, may not know the next steps. This is where having the whistleblower claims attorney in place can be helpful.
At Watson & Associates, we have defense attorneys that have also worked for federal government contracting offices.
- We not only understand the procurement regulations but we also understand the federal criminal process.
- Get help with SBA fraud, violations of the prohibition of pass through claims
- Hire attorneys that understand the various small business program rules and SBA programs
WHISTLEBLOWER LAW AND DEFENDING QUI TAM LAW CASES CAN CRIPPLE YOUR COMPANY
You have worked hard and developed your reputation and business only to one day be visited by federal investigators. You and your company are now at the whim of Department of Justice prosecutors either in an IG investigation or defending against an alleged violation of the whistle provision of the False Claims Act federal statutes.
- You want to make sure to conduct an internal investigation or have your attorney conduct one.
- News and media may get wind of the allegations, investigation or lawsuit. You want to stay out the limelight and avoid making public statements
- Realize that by speaking openly with the media or federal investigators without your legal counsel can be disastrous later.
- By avoiding exposure and being in the headlines, you can focus more on the merits of the case and how to avoid jail time.
Immediately getting the proper legal defense is essential. When employees blow the whistle that initiates a claim or some other government enforcement action that triggers a case for violation of the Criminal most potential defendants wait until charges are brought or an indictment occurs. This is simply too late. At Watson & Associates, LLC, we provide False Claims Act Whistleblower Protection Act Attorneys that also understand the federal criminal process.
- Most companies or individuals accused of fraud against the Government simply hire a traditional criminal defense attorney to represent them in government procurement cases. Oftentimes, the attorney has no experience with the federal procurement laws, SBA small business programs, or Federal Acquisition Regulations that the prosecution is building its case on. As a result, any meaningful defense to your criminal allegations is significantly reduced.
- Whether the penalties for Criminal False Claims Act Whistleblower violations are based on fraudulent invoices, violations of the limitations on subcontracting rules (pass-through contracts) or False Claims Act healthcare fraud, our criminal law firm can help.
FEDERAL CRIMINAL FALSE CLAIMS ACT DEFENSE LEGAL SERVICES
LAW OFFICES IN WASHINGTON DC AND COLORADO – OFFERING NATIONWIDE HELP FOR DEFENDANTS AND QUI TAM RELATORS
Our Federal False Claims Act law firm defends against the various Qui Tam Lawsuit criminal and civil allegations and misrepresentation nuances involved with federal procurement laws and regulations. A federal criminal defense lawyer at Watson & Associates can help with:
- Allegations of FCA violations from the Contracting Officer
- Government investigations
- Civil False Claims Act Whistleblower defense
- Responding to government investigations and subpoenas
- False Certifications and misrepresentation disputes
- Whistleblower Qui Tam Defense, and Wire Fraud and Conspiracy Claims
- Healthcare Fraud
- SEC whistleblower defense attorneys
- Assessment of the penalty for violating federal false claims act
- Fraudulent invoice allegations
- SBA and Small Business Program fraud
- Fraudulent schemes and pass through contract allegations
- Kickbacks and government fraud
- Subcontractor Liability and violation of Qui Tam provisions
- Mischarge and Overcharges in fraud against the Government
- False Claims Act settlement agreements
- Federal criminal defense attorney and False Claims Act Whistleblower Federal QUI TAM Lawsuit defense services
For high-risk cases, having a team of former federal prosecutors that know the criminal process and the substantive areas of contracting or healthcare laws can put you in a substantially better position to fight back.
What is the Federal Whistleblower Protection Act and Its Criminal False Claims Act Penalties?
The Federal False Claims Act (FCA), 31 USC 3729 – 3733 was put in place by Congress because of concerns that government contractors and suppliers of goods and services were defrauding the government.
The Federal False Claims Act states that: any person who knowingly submitted false claims to the government was liable for double the government’s damages plus a penalty of $2,000 for each false claim. Penalties and changes have occurred several times. When you retain legal counsel, you want to be sure to get the latest penalty amounts.
- The government can assess civil monetary False Claims Act penalties on per claim basis. Specifically, the federal prosecutor can go after the maximum amount per penalty.
- In the case of federal government contractors, for example, each civil penalty for a false invoice can by itself carry the maximum penalty. The minimum penalty per false claim is $10,957, and the current maximum penalty per claim is $21,916.
AVOID COMMON MISTAKES IN CRIMINAL FALSE CLAIMS INVESTIGATIONS & QUIT LAWSUITS
Common mistakes made by defendants in false claims whistleblower cases include:
- Speaking to third parties, including co-workers about sensitive issues that can incriminate them. The government often seeks potential targets to seek out information against you in exchange for their freedom in the Qui Tam Whistleblowers case
- . The very people, that you trust may be informants for the government.
- Dealing with federal investigators under the minds that nothing wrong had been done. Although the allegations of violation of the Criminal False Claims Act laws may not be true and you may be very well innocent, federal investigators work for the federal prosecutor. Their job is to build a case against you.
- Holding back critical information from their defense lawyer. This can hurt your case, when you hire a defense lawyer experienced in False Claims Act Whistleblower cases, you should put every fact up front. Do not guess on what you think may be important. Every fact can be very important.
Some of our practitioners have over 30 years in criminal practice. In top cases, we also work with outside former federal prosecutors on our defense team. This gives your case a winning edge.
Watson & Associates, LLC Federal Criminal False Claims Qui Tam defense attorneys aggressively defend government contractors and individuals nationwide and overseas facing criminal and Qui Tam Lawsuit defense actions for government fraud.
- Position your company to develop a solid case or negotiate a more favorable outcome up front for False Claims Act Whistleblower lawsuits.
- Get help from federal Qui Tam Whistleblower defense attorneys that understand both federal government contract law and criminal defense.
- Get aggressive legal defense from former prosecutors and government contracting attorneys.
AS A FEDERAL CRIMINAL DEFENDANT, WE CAN HELP YOU REGARDLESS OF YOUR STATE
The federal agencies are working 24/7 against you. Start right away to protect your legal rights against any penalty for violating the Federal False Claims Act. Speak with a federal criminal defense lawyer and Federal False Claims Act law firm, call us toll-free at 1-866-601-5518.
- Federal False Claims Act penalties can also include criminal and civil fines for each false statement made to a government agency and US attorney.
- While you are busy protecting your legal rights in a Qui Tam action, you must avoid the provisions for False Claims Act treble damages.
Cities in which our Federal False Claims Act attorneys and Qui Tam Law Whistleblower defense attorney assist federal government contractors, a private citizen accused of fraud against the Government include Anchorage, AK; Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Colorado Springs, CO; Dallas, TX; Denver, Colorado; Indianapolis, IN; Las Vegas, NV; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; Philadelphia, PA; San Antonio, TX; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Santa Clara, CA; and Tampa, FL.
ADDITIONAL FALSE CLAIMS ACT INFORMATION
- Liability for Subcontractors
- What is the False Claims Statute? 31 USC 3729
- Contractor Defense to Government Procurement Fraud Under The FCA.
CALL WATSON’S FALSE CLAIMS ACT ATTORNEYS
Are you a target in a Qui Tam lawsuit for a penalty for violating the Federal False Claims Act?
The government may be wiretapping your phones as you read this. Act now and call us today. To learn more about Watson & Associates, LLC False Claims Act attorneys and Whistleblower defense lawyers and how we help protect your rights or to set up an appointment to discuss the details of your case, call the defense attorneys our law office today at 1-866-601-5518.