Call 1(866)-601-5518. Free Initial Consultation
- Generic Templates May Not Meet the New SBA Rules
- As a Result, Your Company May Be Subject to Affiliation
- Get Help with forming a joint venture agreement for upcoming federal government contracts
- To advantages of a joint venture and avoid costly mistakes with joint venture liability, small business must understand the complex regulations.
Small businesses contemplating entering into a formal SBA venture partnership agreement should be aware of the pitfalls and complex SBA regulations when figuring how to draft a contractor agreements template.
When forming a joint venture, small businesses find themselves in trouble because of forming and unlawful joint venture structure. bad accounting or not complying with the limitations on subcontracting rules and reporting requirements.
SBA Joint Venture JV Agreements Lawyer Services
Help at the bid preparation phase and throughout contract performance. Clients utilize our expertise at the beginning of the bidding process to assess the details of forming a joint venture and the specifics of the business relationship. Our attorneys also assess the facts to preempt any potential violations of SBA joint venture regulations. Watson’s small business subcontracting attorneys and consultants help to:
- Draft initial JV agreements and contractor agreements tailored for your specific business;
- Venture partnership agreements that focus on avoiding affiliation;
- Assess the risks of entering into JV agreements;
- Analyze the new rules to substantive adjustments to the joint venture structure;
- Interpret SBA joint venture regulations and provide sound legal direction;
- Providing legal advice about joint venture contracts with 8(a) joint venture companies;
- Help with joint venture structure for construction contracts;
- JV agreement construction
- Litigate JV disputes and allegations of joint venture affiliation; and
- Joint Venture Procedure and Appeal adverse SBA decisions.
To speak with an SBA joint venture about your contractor agreements, call us at 1-866-601-5518 for a Free Initial Consultation.
Nationwide Help: With law offices in Washington, DC. and Colorado, the federal joint venture agreement contract attorneys and consultants at Watson & Associates, LLC frequently provide drafting and review services to small businesses and potential JV partners. Our goal is to make sure that participants not only meet the new statutory requirements but also to understand their respective roles in the small business joint venture relationship.
13 CFR 125.6 and Highlights of New Small Business SBA Joint Venture Agreement Contract Rules
The new rule allows a small business joint venture to qualify as a small business for any government procurement as long as each partner to the SBA joint venture qualifies individually as small under the size standard corresponding to the NAICS code assigned in the solicitation.
When forming a joint venture contract, SBA proposed that a joint venturer that represents itself as an SDVO SBC joint venture must comply with the applicable limitations on subcontracting, as set forth in 13 CFR 125.6.
The new JV agreement rule clarifies that an SBA small business joint venture of two or more business concerns may submit an offer as a small business for a Federal procurement, subcontractor sale so long as each concern is small under the size standard corresponding to the NAICS code assigned to the contract.
HUBZOne Joint Venture Procedure – 13 CFR 126.616
If your company is SBA qualified HUBZone small business, it may enter into a business venture agreement contract with one or more other small businesses, or with an approved mentor authorized by 13 CFR 125.9I if submitting for a HUBZone contract. The JV entity by itself does not have to be certified as a HUBZone company.
Contractor JV Agreements & Limitations on Subcontracting
For any SDVO contract, and to enjoy the advantages of a joint venture, each company must comply with the applicable limitations on subcontracting required by 13 CFR 125.6. Special attention should be placed on construction JV agreements or other types of contractor agreements
Despite New SBA Joint Venture Contract Partnership Agreement Rules, Companies Can Still be Subject to Affiliation: When bidding on, or after receipt of a government contract award, the last thing a company needs is to defend against an affiliation or Ostensible Subcontractor Rule bid protest challenge. We help our clients to:
- Avoid pitfalls of forming a joint venture with the wrong JV models
- Understand how the new SBA regulations can impact joint venture structure
- Reassess their current SBA joint venture agreement construction joint ventures
- Learn more about similarly situated small businesses and new rule.
Since the SBA has proposed new small business joint venture contract partnership agreement rules and regulations, contractors should be particularly aware of the regulation changes for joint venture procedure. Each business venture agreement attorney at the firm focuses on resolving joint venture agreement disputes for small businesses and providing appellate legal support throughout the United States.
Call Our Federal SBA Small Business Joint Venture Consultants & JV Lawyers
If you are a small business seeking to avoid joint venture agreement contract liability with your JV models and with how to develop your joint venture strategy, your construction joint venture agreements template, teaming partnership agreements, and JV agreements to meet 13 CFR 124 and federal contract teaming agreement laws, call a government procurement lawyer and SBA small business joint venture consultants attorney at 1-866-601-5518 for a free initial consultation.