Watson & Associates, LLC provides nationwide services to government contractors involved with small business joint venture agreements. Watson is the go-to- law firm for government small business issues and disputes that are intertwined with other relevant regulations.
We understand that sometimes it takes experience and knowledge of more that one aspect of government contract law to resolve pending disputes before the agency or court.
Avoid Joint Venture Agreement Pitfalls
Our JV Lawyers Help Clients to Stay Out of Legal Trouble While Increasing Their Bottom Line.
Our joint venture lawyers primarily focus on help you to develop compliant joint venture agreement contracts and apply SBA regulations when it comes to 8(a) JV contracts and subcontractor relationships.
Joint venture contracts are designed to make two or more companies to be able to perform federal government contracts using their respective resources. However, avoiding common legal pitfalls help you to avoid costly litigation and potentially losing the awarded contract.
As federal government small business consultants and joint venture contract law firm, we help to:
- Draft a template JV agreement tailored for your specific business;
- Help with SBA application procedures
- Compliance with SBA JV definition and applicable JV rules and regulations;
- Breach of contract and Legal Counsel
- Draft a business joint venture contract template that focuses on avoiding SBA affiliation;
- Assess the risks of joint venture partner relationships;
- Analyze the new rules for substantive adjustments to the business entity structure;
- Interpret SBA regulations and provide sound legal direction to participating companies;
- Help with SBA joint venture application procedures
- SBA OHA Appeals involving joint ventures
- Terminations for default
- Assess the JV agreement structure for unpopulated joint venture relationships
- Draft and review your memorandum of understanding
- Due diligence and JV partnership agreement and accounting matters
- Litigate disputes and allegations of affiliation, violation of the Ostensible Subcontractor Rule ; and
- Government Contracts Procedure and Appeal of adverse SBA decisions. See SBA Size Protests & Small Business Size Standard Appeals
To speak with our SBA joint venture lawyers about how to structure arrangements that meet government JV partnership agreement rules and regulations, call Watson & Associates, LLC at 1-866-601-5518 for a Free Initial Consultation.
Joint Venture Agreement for Federal Construction Projects
If you are a small business that is looking to enter into a joint venture agreement for construction projects, our JV lawyers can help. Our goal is to make sure that you follow the proper protocols, comply with the limitations on subcontracting rules and make sure that the joint venture entity performs the legal amount of the contract. We understand federal construction law and the various issues that arise when it comes to small business joint venture construction contracts.
Joint Venture Government Contracts Litigation and Appeals
Watson & Associates’ experience and reputation allow our attorneys to address the complex legal issues that involve the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) Business Development Program and issues related to mentor protégé relationships. When the agency makes an adverse decision that impacts your bottom line, Watson’s joint venture agreement lawyers litigate the issues before various courts including:
- Small Business Administration
- SBA Office of Hearings and Appeals (SBA OHA)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Bid Protests Involving Small Business JV Agreements
After you submit a bid for a federal government contract, your competition may challenge your status as a small business because of your joint venture relationship with another company. Our government contract attorneys provide legal counsel on relevant issues such as:
- Limitations on subcontracting
- Similarly situated small businesses
- SBA regulations
SDVOSB Joint Venture Arrangements
When small businesses decide to engage in SDVOSB joint ventures, CEO’s must be extremely careful in forming the relationships and the contractual contents.
Common issues that arise when SDVOSB joint venture agreements do not have the requisite language. One clause that is critical is the fact that the entity must receive profits from the joint venture which matches the required amount of work done by the SDVOSB. See also 13 CFR § 125.18(b)(2)(iv)
Other important aspects of the joint venture arrangement between the SDVOSB and its partnership with other small business includes:
- A joint venture need not meet the eligibility requirements of 13 CFR § 125.12 and 125.13 but must meet the specific requirements governing joint ventures found at 13 C.F.R. § 125.18 (b)(2).
- The regulations do not require the VOSB/SDVOSB members of the joint venture to possess the critical licenses needed for a joint venture to perform a contract.
- The joint venture regulations do not contain provisions for finding one joint venturer inordinately reliant upon another joint venturer.
If companies are going to submit bids for government contracts for SDVOSB procurements, the joint venture entity may want to consider sending to the Contracting Officer an amendment to the joint venture agreement to conform to the specific statutory requirements. See 13 C.F.R. § 125.18 (b)(2). What requirements must an SDVO SBC meet to submit an offer on a contract?
Mentor Protege Joint Venture Relationships
When small businesses engage in a mentor-protege relationship, performing due diligence is critical and essential to bother parties’ success. The companies will execute both a mentor protege agreement and a joint venture agreement. Both agreements must be in place.
Whether you are an SDVOSB, HUBZOne or 8(a) business relationship, having an approved mentor-protege agreement can exclude any affiliation violation allegations. However, if the agreements are not compliant, companies can still forfeit the contract award. Thus, having an experienced government contracts attorney that understands the ins and outs of mentor-protege joint venture relationships can be a great benefit.
Call Our SBA and Government Contract Joint Venture Lawyers
Immediate help meeting SBA application procedures
If you are a qualified JV seeking to avoid liability, need legal advice building strategic alliances to acquire and perform government contracts, resolve, breach of contract disputes, help with how to enter into an arrangement, drafting your small business joint venture arrangements, developing JVs and strategic alliances, call a government procurement lawyer and SBA joint venture lawyers at 1-866-601-5518 for a free initial consultation.