Avoid Costly Mistakes With SBA Small Business Joint Venture Agreements – If You Don’t Follow The Rules, You Will Be Deemed Affiliated and Lose the Contract.
We Offer Nationwide Help to Government Contractors. Get a FREE Initial Consultation. Call 1-866-601-5518.
- Discover how your joint venture relationship could be in jeopardy.
- Be proactive for upcoming government bids and protect yourself.
- Get a detailed legal assessment of your business relationships
- AWe help invest the time up front to minimize legal landmines
When forming a small business joint venture arrangement, government contractors often find out that there is more to a JV agreement relationship than just getting a joint venture template from online. 2017 court cases and SBA involvement show that small businesses are still at risk
- Although you may have a sound JV contract you can still be subject to procurement fraud and SBA affiliation.
- Do you know how to draft a joint venture agreement that follows SBA New regulations?
- See information about populated joint ventures
The SBA has provided new rules where large and small businesses must be well aware of their JV Agreement compliance obligations and the risk of forfeiting contracts for non-compliance with the rules.
As a federal SBA small business joint venture law firm, Watson & Associates, LLC offers experienced government contract attorneys and joint venture consultants that understand the nuances and pitfalls that companies fall prey to when entering into a business venture. Our small business joint venture attorneys frequently engage with clients early in the bidding stage all the way through contract performance to make sure that the parties are a qualified joint venture.
Federal Small Business Joint Venture Law Firm Services
Nationwide Help: With law offices in Washington, DC. and Colorado, the small business joint venture law firm and government contracts attorneys at Watson & Associates, LLC frequently provide drafting and review services for your JV agreements between two companies to clients throughout the United States.
As federal government small business attorneys and consultants, we help to:
- Draft initial joint venture contracts and contractor agreements tailored for your specific business;
- Compliance with SBA small business joint venture definition and applicable rules;
- Breach of Joint Venture Contract
- Business venture partnership agreements that focus on avoiding affiliation;
- Assess the risks of entering into joint venture partnership agreements;
- Analyze the new rules for substantive adjustments to the joint venture structure;
- Interpret SBA regulations and provide sound legal direction to joint venture companies;
- Construction joint venture agreements
- Assess the JV agreement structure for unpopulated joint venture relationships
- Draft and review your memorandum of understanding for joint venture partnerships.
- Due diligence and JV accounting matters
- Litigate JV agreement disputes and allegations of joint venture affiliation; and
- Joint Venture Government Contracts Procedure and Appeal adverse SBA decisions.
To speak with our SBA joint venture lawyer about how to draft a JV agreement that meets federal regulations, call Watson & Associates, LLC at 1-866-601-5518 for a Free Initial Consultation.
Does Your Small Business Meet the SBA Joint Venture Definition?
When companies enter into a joint venture business partnership agreement with another company, there is more than copying and pasting a JV Agreement template from online. Without meeting the legal small business joint venture definition, your company can run the risk of losing the awarded contract if your competition successfully challenges the contract in a small business size protest.
- Knowing how to draft qualified JV Agreements also means understand the SBA joint venture contract rules and regulations.
Highlights of New SBA Rules When it Comes to J
The new SBA Small Business Joint Venture Agreement rules allow small businesses to qualify for any government procurement as long as each partner to the joint venture contract qualifies individually as small under the size standard corresponding to the NAICS code assigned in the solicitation. This is important when understanding how to draft a joint venture agreement between two companies.
Unpopulated Joint Venture Contract or Populated Joint Venture Companies?
Many small businesses are making costly mistakes when applying the SBA rules for populated and unpopulated joint ventures. There is a preference for one but if the regulations are read carefully, you can still have some populations. These are areas where our small business joint venture agreement lawyers can help.
Breach of Joint Venture Contract and Limitations on Subcontracting
For any SDVO contract, and to enjoy the advantages of a small business joint venture agreement business relationship with large business firms, each company must comply with the applicable limitations on subcontracting required by 13 CFR 125.6. When there is a breach of joint venture contract involving a federal government contract, you may want to get your attorneys involved as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, breach of contract allegations sometimes introduces dangerous facts that can also lead to suspension and debarment or criminal liability. Part of the legal analysis is to figure out who is the breaching party and if the pros and cons of the breach warrant moving to the next step. This is where Watson’s joint venture and breach of contract attorneys can help.
- Special attention should be placed on JV agreement construction contracts or other types of contractor agreements.
- Being a joint venture does not allow you to automatically avoid the limitations on subcontracting rules.
- Get help with breach of joint venture contract disputes
Despite New SBA JV agreement rules, companies can still subject to SBA affiliation
When bidding on, or after receipt of a government contracts award, the last thing your company needs is to defend against an SBA affiliation or Ostensible Subcontractor Rule bid protest challenge. The SBA usually oversees the JV relationships for awards in the 8a Program. However, when companies enter into JV relationships outside the 8a Program, then they still have to meet the statutory requirements of 13 CFR 124.513. As joint venture lawyers, we help our clients to:
- Avoid pitfalls of forming a with the wrong JV agreement models
- Understand how the new SBA regulations can impact the joint venture contract partnership
- Reassess their current SBA construction joint venture agreements
- Learn more about similarly situated small businesses and new rule.
Call Our SBA Small Business Joint Venture Law Firm
If you are a qualified joint venture seeking to avoid liability, need helping building strategic alliances to acquire and perform government contracts, resolve, breach of joint venture agreement disputes, help with how to draft a JV agreement or federal government contracts teaming agreements, call a government procurement lawyer and SBA joint venture Agreement law firm at 1-866-601-5518 for a free initial consultation.