Call 1(866)-601-5518. Free Initial Consultation
- Generic Templates May Not Meet the New SBA Rules
- As a Result, Your Company May Be Subject to Affiliation
- Get Help with Construction VJ partnership agreements
Small businesses contemplating entering into a formal SBA JV agreement should be aware of the pitfalls and complex SBA regulations when figuring how to draft a contractor agreements template.
In addition to drafting JV agreements, small businesses find themselves in trouble because of joint venture accounting or not complying with the limitations on subcontracting rules and reporting requirements.
SBA Small Business Joint Venture JV Agreement Attorney Services
Help at the bid preparation phase and throughout contract performance. Clients utilize our expertise at the beginning of the bidding process to assess the details of the small business joint venture contract relationship. Our attorneys also assess the facts to preempt any potential violations of SBA joint venture regulations. Watson’s small business subcontracting attorneys and consultants help to:
- Draft initial JV agreements and contractor agreements tailored for your specific business;
- JV agreements that focus on avoiding affiliation;
- Assess the risks of entering into JV partnership agreements;
- Analyze the new rules to substantive adjustments to the company structure;
- Interpret SBA joint venture regulations and provide sound legal direction;
- Providing legal advice about joint venture contracts with 8(a) joint venture companies;
- Help with JV agreement format for construction joint venture agreements;
- Joint venture accounting
- Litigate JV disputes and allegations of affiliation; and
- Appeal adverse SBA decisions.
To speak with a JV partnership agreement attorney about your contractor agreements, call us at 1-866-601-5518 for a Free Initial Consultation.
Nationwide Help: With law offices in Washington, DC. and Colorado, the federal joint venture attorneys and consultants at Watson & Associates, LLC frequently provide drafting and review services to small businesses and potential JV partners. Our goal is to make sure that participants not only meet the new statutory requirements but also to understand their respective roles in the small business joint venture relationship.
13 CFR 125.6 and Highlights of New Small Business SBA JV Agreement Rules
The new rule allows a small business JV to qualify as a small business for any government procurement as long as each partner to the SBA joint venture qualifies individually as small under the size standard corresponding to the NAICS code assigned in the solicitation.
SBA proposed that a joint venturer that represents itself as an SDVO SBC joint venture must comply with the applicable limitations on subcontracting, as set forth in 13 CFR 125.6.
The new JV agreement rule clarifies that an SBA small business joint venture of two or more business concerns may submit an offer as a small business for a Federal procurement, subcontract or sale so long as each concern is small under the size standard corresponding to the NAICS code assigned to the contract.
13 CFR 126.616 HUBZone JV Contractors
If your company is SBA qualified HUBZone small business, it may enter into a joint venture contract with one or more other small businesses, or with an approved mentor authorized by 13 CFR 125.9I if submitting for a HUBZone contract. The JV entity by itself does not have to be certified as a HUBZone company.
Contractor Agreements & Limitations on Subcontracting
For any SDVO contract, given the various types of joint venture arrangements, each company must comply with the applicable limitations on subcontracting required by 13 CFR 125.6. Special attention should be placed on construction joint venture agreements or other types of contractor agreements
Despite New SBA Joint Venture Partnership Agreement Rules, Companies Can Still be Subject to Affiliation: When bidding on, or after receipt of a government contract award, the last thing a company needs is to defend against an affiliation or Ostensible Subcontractor Rule bid protest challenge. We help our clients to:
- Avoid pitfalls of forming a joint venture relationship
- Understand how the new SBA regulations can impact joint venture contracts
- Reassess their current SBA JV agreement construction joint ventures
- Learn more about similarly situated small businesses and new rule.
Since the SBA has proposed new small business joint venture rules and regulations, contractors should be particularly aware of the regulation changes. Each joint venture agreement attorney at the firm focuses on resolving JV agreements disputes for small businesses and providing appellate legal support throughout the United States.
Call Our Federal SBA Small Business JV Lawyers
If you are a small business needing help with how to draft SBA joint venture agreements template, teaming contractor agreements, and JV agreements to meet 13 CFR 124 and federal contract teaming agreement laws, call a government procurement lawyer and SBA small business joint venture partnership agreement attorney at 1-866-601-5518 for a free initial consultation.