Government Contract Lawyer DC
Federal Contract Lawyers Offering Nationwide and Overseas Help. Get a Free Initial Consultation. Call 1-866-601-5518.
As a boutique law firm with law offices in Colorado and Washington DC, the government contracts attorneys at Watson & Associates, LLC provide clear direction and honest legal advice to large DOD contractors and small business across the United States and overseas.
- We help you quickly get to the source of the problem and develop a plan of action to reach a set result.
- CEO’s and corporate executives get clear direction and honest legal advice so that they can make an informed decision.
- As federal lawyers, we handle every legal issue as if it was going before a judge.
- Legal help for both large DOD contractors and small businesses.
- You get cost-effective legal solutions without taking shortcuts or cutting corners.
Experience: At Watson & Associates, LLC, the law firm brings over three decades of federal procurement experience that includes actually working for various federal contracting agencies and successfully resolving claims and disputes before the General Accountability Office (GAO), Small Business Administration, Boards of Contract Appeals and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
Helping businesses in various industry groups: As experienced government contracts lawyers, our team works closely with key personnel from various industry groups. The firm serves clients in Aerospace, construction, manufacturing, professional services, real estate, and others.
Federal Government Contracts Lawyer Legal Services
- Federal Small Business Matters
- Bid Protests, Litigation and Appeals
- Contract Disputes Act and Contractor Claims
- Termination for Default
- Termination for Convenience
- Teaming, Joint Ventures, and Mentor Protégé
- Suspension and Debarment
- Scope of Work Changes and REAs
- Service Contracts and Construction Contracts
- Procurement Fraud Matters
- Government Contractor Fraud Defense
- Government Investigations
- Suspension and Debarment
- Internal Policies and Contractors
Federal Government Contract Lawyers – Litigation and Appeals Experience
When contract disputes cannot be resolved through mediation or arbitration, our Colorado and Washington DC law firm aggressively represent businesses in matters such as bid protests at the agency level, GAO protests or Court of Federal Claims. The Law firm’s federal contracting lawyers litigate and appeal cases before the various Boards of Contract Appeals and US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Government Contracts for Small Businesses
As federal government contracts lawyers, our procurement law experts frequently help contractors to overcome the costly and dangerous mistakes commonly seen with government contracts for small businesses. Our government contracts attorneys help with a variety of government small business matters including, SBA 8a Certification, HUBZone, SDVSOB, and SBA affiliation and size protest matters. Other legal services include:
- Teaming Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Mentor Protégé Relationships
- SBA Affiliation and Small Business Size Protests
Bid Protests, Litigation and Appeals
When it comes to government contract awards, companies may want to file a bid protest to protect their bottom line. Our Colorado or Washington DC law firm will match you with a federal government contract attorney that understands the underlying legal issues. We will help you to determine which legal forum is best for litigation. Whether you file a GAO bid protest, agency protest or bid protest at the US Court of Federal Claims in Washington DC is an important strategic decision. As government contract attorneys, we have experience with the following government representation:
- Bid protests at the Government Accountability Office Washington DC
- Bid protests at the US Court of Federal Claims
- SBA Small Business Size Protests
- Legal representation for protestors and intervenors
- Litigation and appeals to the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in Washington DC
Government Contract Disputes and REAs
After the contract performance period starts, agencies frequently direct contractors to perform out-of-scope work. However, court cases show that contractors face harsh consequences when they do not adequately prepare contract claims under the Contract Disputes Act. Our law office helps government contractors to:
- Adequately prepare contractual claims under the changes clause
- Prepare government contract claims with adequate supporting documentation
- Litigate and appeal contracting officer final decisions to the various boards of contract appeals and US Court of Federal Claims
- Prepare equitable adjustments in compliance with the Contract Disputes Act
Washington DC Suspension and Debarment Government Attorneys
Given the heightened oversight of government procurement fraud for federal contractors, many companies face serious consequences in suspension and debarment actions. Our law office frequently represents large and small businesses facing suspension or debarment actions in Washington DC.
Government Contractor Fraud Attorneys and Government Investigations Lawyers
When DOD contractors or small businesses are involved in federal government investigations for procurement fraud or False Claims Act violations, our law office will assign a federal government contract fraud attorney that understands both the substantive procurement law and criminal defense side. Both are important to strategically craft a plan of action to get your company the best result under the circumstances. As government contractor fraud attorneys, we help with:
- False Claims Act civil and criminal investigations
- SBA fraud and small business fraud investigations
- Responding to government subpoenas and requests for information
- Criminal defense at pre-indictment or post-indictment stages
DC Contract Law Firm – Government Procurement Policy
As a government contractor, understanding present and future federal government procurement policy impact on your business is critical. When the new legislation and new regulations are proposed in the Federal Register, our CO and Washington DC contract law lawyers help you to submit comments and responses. Companies can now play an effective role in shaping final rules and contributing to how federal procurement policy is developed.
Internal Policies and Controls
When companies experience harsh agency decisions or government investigations, they sometimes find out that having viable internal policies and controls could have mitigated the results. Whether the issues are contract management, contractor business ethics or other government contracting practice, our Colorado and Washington DC government contracts lawyers can help.
Washington DC Government Contractor Fraud Lawyers & Contractor Criminal Defense Attorneys
Oftentimes, the Department of Justice or OIG investigates small businesses and large defense contractors for procurement fraud or violations of SBA regulations. Watson’s government contractor fraud attorneys and procurement criminal defense attorneys represent federal contractors and serve with local criminals to defend against allegations of False Claims Act violations, Buy American Act compliance (BAA) violations, conspiracy to commit wire fraud and various civil and criminal charges. Watson & Associates’ government contractor fraud attorneys also work with local criminal defense attorneys to increase our client’s chances of prevailing.
Government Contracts Training: Given the changing regulations, and increased scrutiny on federal contractors, the law firm has developed training classes to keep your key personnel informed and skilled when serving your business goals and initiatives.
Call Our Washington DC Government Contracts Law Firm
For immediate help and to implement cost-effective solutions to a pending dispute, call our DC government contract lawyers in Washington DC at 1-866-601-5518 or 202-827-9750 today.