FEDERAL MAIL AND CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT WIRE FRAUD – HOW THE FEDERAL ATTORNEYS GET TO YOU. WE ARE WIRED FRAUD LAWYERS HELPING YOU TO AVOID SOME OF THE MOST COSTLY LEGAL MISTAKES.
GET A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION. CALL 1-866-601-5518.
- Free Confidential Initial Consultation (30 Mins)
- NATIONWIDE REPRESENTATION AND DEFENSE
- Place Your Case in the Best Possible Strategic Position Early
- Unique Experience For Federal Government Contractors
NATIONWIDE DEFENSE – CALL TOLL-FREE 1-866-601-5518. AS FEDERAL WIRE FRAUD ATTORNEYS, WE WORK IN HIGH-LEVEL CASES WITH FORMER FEDERAL PROSECUTORS ON OUR DEFENSE TEAM
- Invest the time and resources upfront to see if have a stronger legal defense or whether settlement is even possible
- Save your company’s reputation and avoid jail time
- Hire attorneys that also understand SBA small business programs and the rules that regulate them
Nationwide Help – Federal Mail and Wire Fraud Defense Lawyer Services
WE DEFEND CORPORATIONS AND INDIVIDUALS NATIONWIDE AND OVERSEAS
With law offices in Washington, D.C. and in Denver, Colorado, Watson & Associates, LLC defense lawyers represent government contractors, corporations, and individuals in a variety of situations involving procurement fraud, mail and wire fraud statutes, and other similar cases.
In Top Cases, We Work Hand-in-Hand with former federal prosecutors. We will put together a defense team that vigorously protects your rights. Our criminal defense attorneys provide nationwide legal services involving federal cases involving:
- Both civil and criminal false claims
- Government investigations and litigation
- Penalty negotiation
- Mail fraud felony defense
- Procurement fraud and false statements (criminal)
- Selling defective parts to the government;
- Bribery of public officials
- False Claims Act criminal and civil cases
- Whistleblower and Qui Tam Defense
- Medicare fraud
- SBA HUBZone Program, SBA 8(a), SDVOSB Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Programs
- SBIRS, embezzlement, and government grants;
- False statements and fraudulent invoices;
- Alleged conspiracy to commit wire fraud
GET A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION TODAY. CALL TOLL-FREE 1-866-601-5518.
Mail fraud and wire fraud cases tend to be brought by federal prosecutors as additional criminal charges that support the underlying crime. For example, in procurement fraud and False Claims Act cases, criminal charges will be brought because government contractors use electronic means to obtain and secure government contracts or allegedly have violated SBA small business programs.
When other types of cases where the government may lack the level of proof required, the default is usually to seek refuge under the mail and wire fraud statutes, namely These cases still can be very serious because the government attorneys once they get past the pre-indictment phase have a high success rate in prosecuting criminal cases.
At Watson & Associates, our federal criminal defense attorneys aggressively defend corporations, executives and individuals that are charged with federal procurement fraud cases, government contracting FAR regulations, False Claims Act criminal charges and also violation of SBA small business programs.
Mail and Wire Fraud Conspiracy Defense Attorney – Experience Matters
UNLEASH THE POWER OF HAVING A TEAM THAT UNDERSTANDS THE VARIOUS MOVING PIECES
The process of defeating a federal charge begins with knowing how the criminal judicial system works and using it to your advantage. The mail and wire fraud defense lawyers at Watson & Associate’s have represented individuals and corporations in various types of procurement fraud scheme cases that even includes federal government contracts and penalties for procurement cases.
Our lead criminal defense lawyer and wire fraud conspiracy defense attorney, John Scorsine, with over 30 years of legal practice, is a former military lawyer and is even admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court. Don’t Wait Until it is Too Late. Contact a government contracts lawyer today.
What is Wire Fraud?
What is wire fraud first depends on the facts of each case will contribute to the result of federal charges and what conviction and penalties will be imposed. In federal procurement, when you use email, the internet, telephones, fax machines or other equipment to further getting paid for, getting some benefit from the government, small business certification, grants or other benefits, the federal government will build a case under the definition and bring criminal charges.
Elements of Proof
For the federal government to prove its case must show some variation of the following wire fraud elements:
- Scheme to defraud by means of false pretenses
- Defendant’s knowing and willful participation in the scheme with intent to defraud, and
- Use of interstate wire communications in furtherance of a scheme.
When defending a federal , especially in a government procurement fraud case, the goal of your wire fraud lawyer is to show that the federal prosecutor has not met the elements. However, a strong legal defense starts with assessing the strengths and weaknesses of your case as early as possible.
- The further along a criminal investigation is, the harder it is to establish a strong negotiation position.
- Fraud crimes should be dealt with early and defendants must understand the seriousness of the case up front.
- Having your attorney explain various criminal charges and the results of a fraud crime can help you make a more educated decision about how you want to proceed.
What is the Difference Between Mail and Wire Fraud in Federal Government Contracting?
When federal law enforcement comes after contractors for mail fraud, it results from you sending mail through the U.S Postal Service in hopes of getting a contract or some other benefit from the government. When solicitations are sent through the mail to meet the deadline, this serves as grounds to prosecute government contractors for mail fraud.
By contrast, wire fraud surfaces because of the use of the Internet, telephone, fax or some other electronic means to obtain money or gain some other benefit, payment or even to secure federal government contracts.
In a criminal prosecution case, the government typically argues that you have participated in a fraudulent scheme with the intent to defraud the government. Whether the charges are brought through wire fraud or mail fraud is no greatly significant. What really matters Is how to aggressively defend the case. This is where Watson & Associates’ team of defense attorneys can help.
Important Information About Mail Fraud and Wire Fraud
- Each situation that includes electronic communication or using the U.S. mail constitutes a separate count of mail fraud or wire fraud.
- Attaching the charge of wire fraud or mail fraud is significantly easy for government attorneys
- The underlying charge of fraud and showing evidence to support their case is where federal government prosecutors have the most difficult time
- You should always be mindful that referring to a fraud scheme on the phone can implicate you.
- When you are approached by employees or other subcontractors about specific details concerning a federal contract, chances are they could be working for federal law enforcement and the United States government against you.
If you think for the slightest second that you are under investigation, contact one mail and wire fraud attorney right away for legal advice and representation.
Help With Government Investigations and Wire Fraud Penalties Negotiations
WE OFFER LEGAL REPRESENTATION TO GOVERNMENT CONTRACTORS AND INDIVIDUALS NATIONWIDE
The federal government and DOJ has increased oversight for finding procurement fraud schemes against the government. Subcontractors are also fertile ground for being hit with criminal charges. Sometimes the prime contractor and the subcontractor in any individual case or situation can both be a target for conspiracy to commit wire fraud.
Government investigations are usually well underway by the time a federal agent comes knocking on your door. When this happens, corporate executives sometimes wonder what the next step should be, or whether or not they should cooperate with the investigator.
Contact Our Federal Mail and Wire Fraud Attorneys
If you find out that you are under federal investigation for conspiracy to commit wire fraud, been charged with allegations of government contract fraud or some other white collar crime, need help with negotiating criminal penalties, call our criminal defense mail and FEDERAL wire fraud attorneys for a FREE Initial Consultation at 1-866-601-5518. Note that information on this website is not intended to be legal advice. You must help from an attorney.