Help Avoiding Common Legal Problems When Setting Up an LLC in Colorado
As a new business owner, making sure that all of the legal requirements are in place in just the beginning of operating your company. Getting the right corporate documents in place is critical. Understanding your legal obligations to the business and to any other partners are al just as important. However, the most important task of all is to stay out of legal trouble or be exposed to personal liability. These are all areas of setting up an LLC in Colorado that our business lawyers can help you with.
Limited Liability Company Business and Corporate Services by Top Denver LLC Attorneys
If you are new to the business world and want to find out whether a limited liability company is the best business entity for you, then our Colorado LLC lawyers can help. As LLC lawyers in Denver CO, our law firm provides a variety of business services for small and medium sized companies in the Denver metro areas.They include:
- Business incorporation services forming an LLC in Colorado
- Colorado Limited Partnership (LP) formation
- Articles of Incorporation
- Personal liability protection and protecting your personal assets
- Business formation and LLC S Corp legal advice
- Limited liability Partnership matters
- Colorado LLC statutory compliance
- Articles of Organization
- Developing LLC Bylaws and documents for setting up a LLC in Colorado
- Help with dissolution of LLC in Colorado
- Colorado LLC operating agreements.
- Business contract drafting and reviewÂ
- Colorado LLC requirements and partnership disputes
- Breach of fiduciary agreements
- Meeting Colorado Limited Liability Company Act requirements
- Buy Sell Agreements and help with limited liability company purchases and sales
- Business litigation and defense
For your formation, consulting and litigation needs call one of our limited liability company disputes lawyers for immediate help. Call 720-941-7200 for a FREE Initial Consultation.
Tips for Setting Up an LLC in Colorado
When you are setting up an LLC in Colorado, there is more to it than just incorporating with the Secretary of State. You have to make sure that your business contracts are in order; you want to make sure that creditors do not pierce the corporate veil and make you subject to personal liability for company debts.
Do you have the right business entity in place? Not every company can be converted into an LLC. Even if they could, you still want to make sure that your business vision meets the goals of the LLC statutes. Before finding a lawyer to set up LLC operations, you want to make sure that you are getting the best entity structure.
Learn the role of business partners in the LLC: Understanding how each partner (if more than one) fits into the day to day operations can be especially revealing. Many disputes in limited liability companies occur because the partners are not fully aware of their roles, responsibilities and limitation in their authority. The LLC attorneys at Watson & Associates can counsel you and the other partners about these critical concerns and reduce overall litigation and disputes.
over Setting up an LLC in Colorado is more involved than you may think. Having an experienced limited liability company lawyer in the Denver metro can save you thousands of dollars when there are disputes about LLC partnership obligations and litigation arises. Don’t Wait Until Its Too Late. Call Our LLC Attorney in Colorado Now.
Colorado Start Up Lawyers
Help Avoiding Personal Liability
The following are but a few precautions that company owners must consider about Colorado LLC requirements to avoid personal liability.
- Avoid sole proprietorship formation
- Commingling personal assets and the assets of another company.
- Creating a LLCÂ in Colorado — Maintaining negligible corporate records;
- Failure to maintain records concerning substantive transactions were inadequate;
- Â Failure to pay corporate debts without characterizing the transactions;
- Â Using LLC assets for non-entity purposes.
Do You Need a Registered Agent to Set Up an LLC?
Colorado LLC laws require you to have a registered agent. The public must know who the representative of the company is. They should not have to guess. For example, if you are being sued, then having a registered agent would be required if he or she is designated to accept service of process.
Definition of Registered Agent?A registered agent for your limited liability company can an individual or other business entity responsible for receiving important legal documents on behalf of your business. In other words, this person is the key point of contact for the general public and Secretary of State.
- Your registered agentÂ must be a Colorado resident or another business entity that is authorized to conduct business in the state of Colorado.
- You can elect yourself or someone in the company to be the LLC’s registered agent.
Do I Need a Lawyer to Set Up an LLC in Colorado?
You do not have to hire an attorney near you to set up an LLC in Colorado. However, most people and not familiar with the landmines and pitfalls of operating an LLC. There is more to the formation and operation of an LLC than filing the paperwork with the Secretary of State. Before starting the business, you may want to know how to avoid personal liability, understand your rights to any partners or to the business itself. These are matters that our business lawyers can help you with.
If you are seeking to find a Colorado LLC attorney that can handle business transactions, forming or dissolving your LLC, handling business partnership matters, call our business lawyers or contact Denver contract lawyer online.
Our limited liability company attorneys provide statewide legal services for owners of an LLC to include Aurora, Aspen, Broomfield, Bennett, Commerce City, Denver CO County, Englewood, Franktown, Golden, Lakewood, Thornton, Boulder County, Â Colorado Springs, Arapahoe County, Broomfield County, Jefferson County and Adams County.
Call Our Colorado LLC Lawyers For Immediate Help
If you need an attorney to set up LLC operations in Colorado, Contact experienced Denver LLC lawyers and law firm for a business startup, incorporating in Colorado or for immediate from a lawyer when forming an LLC in Colorado,Call Toll-Free 1-866-601-5518. Free Consultation .