Denver Colorado breach of contract lawyers. Find a Breach of Contract Attorney in Denver to Give Clear Direction for Decisive Results with legal remedies.
When suing a company for breach of contract, the allegedly breaching party may have a legal defense that could get a court to rule in their favor. Plaintiffs, or even their attorneys, sometimes make the costly mistake of not thoroughly analyzing facts of each case to see if the plaintiff can prove all of the elements of the breach of contract case. This is why having an experienced Colorado contract law lawyer can make a difference.
- Plaintiffs or defendants can spend quite a bit of money during the discovery and trial stages. A thorough investigation up front can save a party thousands of dollars.
As Denver breach of contract attorneys and business contract consultants, Watson & Associates’ represent companies with disputes and provide legal advice as to the next steps when litigation is involved.
- Merely asserting a breach is not the end of the analysis
- The Defendant may have a viable legal excuse to be in breach
- If the Defendant comes forward and proves a viable defense, then Plaintiff may not prevail
Our goal is to assess the strength of the case’s merits and vigorously defend against allegations that our clients breached the contract terms. We have successfully handled complex litigation and provided breach of contract legal advice at all levels of federal and state courts in Colorado.
Denver Breach of Contract Attorney Services
If you are seeking to find an attorney to provide detailed and review and honest legal advice, our Denver Colorado business contract lawyers will assess the facts and aggressively protect our clients’ interests. we handle civil defense litigation and plaintiff cases.
We provide contractor contract law legal advice and help by:
- Addressing breach problems early and learn how to minimize your remedies for an independent contractor agreement breach.
- Making sure that your agreement has the right terms.
- Providing drafting and review services applying civil law
- Developing the strongest legal position before litigation gets too far gone.
- Assessing your defenses to breach of contract
- Resolving independent contractor contract law and breach of contract disputes.
- Giving our clients clear direction base on court rulings.
For immediate assistance with legal remedies, call Watson’s breach of contract attorneys in Denver CO for a confidential, free initial consultation online or call 720-941-7200.
Trusting Client Relationships: Clients frequently retain Watson’s Denver breach of contract lawyers and the firm’s litigation practitioners to challenge parties that breach legally binding defendants or as Plaintiff’s seeking to achieve specific performance or other remedies for contract breach.
Clients work closely with our firm’s civil trial and business contract lawyers to develop comprehensive strategies in common law cases either to develop affirmative defenses or to get specific performance.
Suing a Company for Breach of Contract in Civil Law – What Does Breach Mean?
When you enter into a business contract with an independent contractor, each party is obligated to follow the agreed-upon terms and conditions. If one party fails to follow any material clauses, this can be considered in litigation in a civil lawsuit. When litigating a breach case, it means that you must make a legal determination as to whether the breach was material or immaterial.
The following are some of the legal issues and questions that we can assess the merits of your case for.
- Can you get breach of contract lost profits damages?
- Can I sue for breach of contract and negligence together?
- Does your case meet the burden of proof and a showing of the required breach of contract elements?
- The next step that most litigants miss is deciding whether the breaching party has a legal affirmative defense. Although the court may decide that a breach has occurred, if the defendant shows that it has a legal defense, and succeeds on that point, then the case may be dismissed.
Are You in Material Breach of Contract?
A material breach of contract occurs when the breaching party fails to perform to such a level that is legally inexcusable and to a level where the non-breaching party has been so prejudiced and aggrieved that there is no other choice but the seek help from the court or some other legal remedy.
- Suing a company for breach of contract is designed to put the non-breaching party in a similar place as if the breach had not occurred.
- When you sue for material breach of contract, you also have a legal obligation to mitigate your damages.
A lawsuit for material breach of contract is a civil action and the remedies awarded are designed to place the injured party in the position they would be in if not for the breach. Remedies for contractual breaches are not designed to punish the breaching party.
What is Anticipatory Repudiation?
Anticipatory repudiation occurs when a party to the contract somehow shows that they are not going to finish their contract obligations. If the facts coincide with what the non-repudiating party reasonably believes, then that party may seek remedies against the party that has demonstrated anticipatory repudiation.
Aggressive Business Contract Litigation
With over 20 years of practice, our Denver breach of contract attorneys work with clients from the formation stages all the way through litigation and appeals. Our business dispute lawyers are highly experienced in providing concise and aggressive representation, drafting trial briefs and delivering persuasive oral arguments before Colorado judges or appellate courts.
- Read about the difference between material breach vs. non-material breach
- Learn more about affirmative defenses to breach of contract and best practices for approaching litigation and common law breach remedies.
Colorado – Statewide Help
For help with independent contractor agreement remedies for breach of contract for lost profits or other defenses to breach of contract, legal representation or legal advice, the Denver breach of contract Colorado lawyers at our office can help small and large businesses in Denver CO, Colorado Springs, Aurora, Fort Collins, Lakewood, Thornton, Arvada, Westminster, Pueblo, Centennial, Boulder, Highlands Ranch, Greeley, Longmont, Loveland, Grand Junction; Columbine Valley, Superior, Louisville, Castle Pines Village; Cherry Creek CO, Holly Hills, Morrison, Cherry Hills Village, Bow Mar, Woodmoor, Centennial and more. Call our Denver contract attorneys for help with your business legal matters.
Call Watson’s Denver Breach of Contract Lawyers
If you are a corporation, individual or independent contractor, and need legal advice or seeking breach remedies for a contract dispute, litigation or consulting about agreement terms, contact Watson’s Colorado breach of contract attorneys in Denver for a free initial consultation at 720-941-7200.