Call our Denver Colorado Limited Liability and General Business Partnership Agreements Lawyer at 720-941-7200 for immediate help.
Business Experience Matters
THE POWER OF DEALING WITH PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT DISPUTES BEFORE THEY HAPPEN
The process of resolving business partnership disputes begins with knowing how the legal system works and minimizing risks and liability. The business partnership law attorneys at Watson & Associates, LLC have been representing small business and partnership entities since 2003. By having years of litigation behind us, we focus on protecting the corporation, and the rights of each business partner. The best defense to any form of partnership law litigation is to have the right partnership agreement contract in place at the beginning. Don’t Wait Until It is Too Late. Call Our Attorneys Today.
- Creating a partnership agreement contract can avoid costly litigation and unpleasant disputes between partners whether or not it is a general partnership or limited partnership agreement.
- When it comes to creating a business partnership agreement contract, our Denver business lawyers frequently provide counseling to new business owners who need to better understand their professional obligation to the business entity and to each partner.
The law office of Watson & Associates, LLC offers experienced business law attorneys that can promptly develop sound partnership agreement contracts under Colorado laws or litigate breach of partnership agreement cases.
WHEN CREATING A PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT CONTRACT
DID YOU KNOW THAT THE CORPORATION HAS RIGHTS JUST LIKE EACH PARTNER?
Although many company executives understand that when creating a partnership agreement contract, each partner may have legal rights, my business partnership disputes occur because individuals in the company do not realize that the corporation also has legal rights. Common mistakes often arise from this very important fact. Having a business partnership attorney that understands how to preserve the rights of the company versus the rights of each partner can save thousands in unnecessary litigation.
If you do not have a viable Colorado partnership agreement in place, or you suspect a problem with the daily business operations, call Watson’s Denver business partnership lawyers for immediate help. Protect Your Rights and Schedule a Free Initial Consultation Now.
Colorado Business Partnership Agreement Attorney Services
- Drafting & review of business contracts for LLP, LLC
- How to form a partnership and revamping old business contracts
- Partnership buyout agreement
- Limited partnership
- Colorado partnership law consulting services
- General partnership agreements
- Breach of partnership contracts disputes
- Business partnership litigation.
- Reasonable rates
- Prompt turnaround.
To Speak With Our Denver Business Attorneys about Creating a Partnership Agreement Contract, Call (720) 941-7200 for a FREE initial Consultation.
Although there may be other items that you want to include in a contract between two business partners when forming a partnership, here is a list of some of the most common and prominent clauses when creating a business partnership agreement contract:
The name of your business partnership: If you have not done so already, perhaps one of the first clauses that you and your partners need to sit down and agree on is the name of the business partnership. You can also choose the option of making a fictitious business name. You must register the name with the Colorado Secretary of State.
The respective contributions of the partners: When a partnership agreement form is written, it is important that all the partners get together and agree on who will be making what contributions to the partnership, and what ownership percentage each partner will be entitled to
How the profits, losses, and draws will be allocated when forming a partnership: Colorado business partnership contracts should set out how the profits and losses will be allocated. One of the most popular methods for allocated profits and losses is to go by ownership percentage.
Business decision-making powers: Like the power to make decisions about debt, it is important that you decide amongst all the partners how important business decisions will be handled. If you do not want one partner to be able to make important partnership business decisions without consent, then you need to make sure to spell out the business making powers of each partner in your partnership agreement.
Forming a Partnership – General Partnership Agreement FAQs
When forming a legal partnership in Colorado, do you have to file information about your business partnership contracts with the Colorado SOS?
Under Colorado partnership law, you do not have to file any documents with the Colorado Secretary of State. However, you should file a Certificate of Assumed Name with the Register of Deeds office in the county where your partnership in business has its principal office.
How Do You Minimize Risk and Personal Liability?
You want to minimize risk by creating a partnership agreement contract in Colorado or limited partnership contract. Finding a Colorado partnership law attorney can also be helpful to make sure you are forming the right type of partnership for your business.
Does Closing the Business Terminate Liability?
- Filing Articles of Dissolution or a similar document will create a public record that your business or organization is no longer operating and is winding up its affairs. Be aware that you may still be on the hook for past liability, providing that the statute of limitations in Colorado has not run.
- What Happens if You Don’t File Your Documents on Time?
- Under Colorado business partnership laws and business agreement regulations governing a contract between two business partners, if you do not file any document, your business record will become delinquent for failing to file a Periodic Report. Similarly, if you are operating a sole proprietorship or general partnership, and you do not withdraw or renew your trade name, the trade name will expire. If you have business partnership agreement contracts in place, you may want to speak with a Colorado partnership law attorney to get legal advice as to the implications of ending the business relationship.
Call Watson’s Denver Colorado Breach of Partnership Agreement & Business Contracts Lawyer
Get immediate help and use the advantages of a partnership arrangement in your business: If you are operating under Colorado business partnership contracts or need help with a breach of partnership agreement, contact a Denver partnership law and business contract lawyer at Watson & Associates, LLC to draft your legal documents. Call 720-941-7200. FREE Initial Consultation.