- Watson & Associates, LLC Government Contracts Lawyers provide legal advice and representation through all phases of the federal procurement process, from bid protests through government investigations, fighting criminal charges for contractor fraud and compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- With law offices in Washington DC and in Denver, Colorado, we offer clients deep experience in litigating bid protests, prime/subcontractor disputes, Contract Disputes Act claims, government investigation and defense of enforcement matters, including suspension and debarment, False Claims Act litigation and defense, FCPA compliance, and government audits and investigations.
- We offer legal representation to federal contractors, including small businesses and larger defense contractors. Lawyers in our Government Practice Group rely on our experience working for federal contracting agencies and the fact that we are in a unique position to best advocate for our clients. We handle various types of cases that impact companies, including overseas contracting, white-collar defense, procurement fraud, and health care fraud.
Government Contracting Attorney Services – Overview
The federal government spends billions of dollars on procurement contracts and federal grants. However, gaining the benefit of getting federal contracts awarded comes with risks. Compliance deficiencies can cause companies to be investigated by the Department of Justice (DOJ) or OIG. In other situations, awarded contracts can be protested. Our goal is to help our clients to avoid costly legal mistakes and minimize criminal exposure.
Watson & Associates, LLC Government Contract lawyers are gaining a reputation as the go-to law firm for developing legal solutions that minimize adverse agency and law enforcement impact on construction contractors, service providers, prime and subcontractors.
Given the increase in government investigations that led to the indictment and conviction of federal contractors, Watson & Associates’ government contractor attorneys have developed a new practice group for white-collar criminal defense. We have found that when small businesses and larger defense contractors hire traditional local defense attorneys, they sometimes lack the necessary experience to defend against allegations of contracting fraud, False Claims Act violations and more.
Common Areas of Our Practice
Our Federal Government contracting attorneys have broad experience in many facets of U.S. government procurement law and international contracting. Our government contract lawyers can assist you with various issues from FAR compliance, appeals and litigation to include:
- Bid Protests. As government contractor lawyers, we regularly represent federal contractors in bid protests before the Court of Federal Claims and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. We only handle federal bid protests and appeals.
- Federal Acquisition Regulations attorneys: Clients often utilize our expertise to make sure that they stay compliant and avoid criminal exposure.
- Claims and Disputes. Watson & Associates represents contractors in analyzing and preparing CDA claims, requests for equitable adjustment (REAs) and scope of work changes. As government procurement lawyers, the law firm represents small businesses and large contractors before the Civilian and Armed Service Boards of Contract Appeals, the Court of Federal Claims and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Government Contract Fraud And False Claims Act Defense. We defend federal contractors against allegations of procurement fraud, such as fraudulent invoices, False Claims Act violations, conspiracy and various criminal and civil charges.
- Trade Agreement Act compliance Working with our compliance lawyers, clients come to us to minimize the chance of being charged with Trade Agreements Act (TAA compliance) violations. Whether a company is under investigation, indicted or facing trial, our Trade Agreements Act lawyers can help.
- Buy American Act compliance The federal government law enforcement agencies are also aggressively pursuing companies for non compliance with the Buy American Act, our BAA lawyers aggressively represent manufacturers, construction companies and service providers with BAA compliance matters. Call our government compliance attorneys for immediate help.
- International Procurement. We provide comprehensive legal services in the area of international procurement, such as Trade Agreements Act compliance, Buy America Act, and we also handle contingency contracting where military contracts are awarded to foreign contractors overseas.
- Government Investigations: Internal and External. Watson & Associates, LLC’s federal contracting attorneys also advise clients on government investigations, whistleblower and Qui Tam actions. We have experience representing contractors in federal investigations involving allegations of procurement fraud; False Claims Act and qui tam actions; the Procurement Integrity Act, the False Statements Act; the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA); and in responding to the Department of Justice, congressional, Government Accountability Office (GAO) and Inspector General (IG), civil investigative demands, subpoenas and investigations.
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A). When companies decide to buy, sell, or merge with companies that have federal contracts, we help on the full range of transactional matters. The law firm helps with corporate governance issues, government contract novations, small business status concerns and more.
- Overseas and Contingency Contracting. As a US government contracting law firm, we work with overseas contractors who perform in support of our overseas military contingency operations.
- SBA Small Business Matters. Watson & Associates regularly represent clients in SBA size protests and in size appeals to the SBA Office of Hearings and Appeals (OHA). We provide guidance and counsel on the SBA 8(a) program, mentor-protégé agreements, service-disabled veteran-owned (SDVOSB) and veteran-owned programs, the Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone) program and the Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) program. Our small business government contractor attorneys advise clients on teaming agreements, joint ventures and subcontract arrangements in the various small business programs as well as the impact of mergers and acquisitions on small business eligibility.
- Suspension and Debarment. Our government litigators represent small businesses, large Defense contractors and government employees threatened with suspension and debarment or other forms of exclusion from participation in government contracting. We offer legal advice and representation in responding to show cause notices, developing corrective action plans and negotiating administrative agreements with agency suspension and debarment officials. Our government contracting attorneys offer decades of experience as suspension and debarment contractor lawyers.
- Super 8a, Tribal 8a and ANC 8(a) Government Contracting. Our Practice Group also focuses help Alaska Native Corporations (ANCs) and Tribal 8a small businesses comply with the SBA’s 8(a) Program, including establishing effective internal controls and policies; structuring business teaming arrangements and mentor protégé joint venture agreements. As a public procurement law firm, we also help with cases involving small business size determinations, appeals to SBA’s Office of Hearings and Appeals, and investigations by the SBA’s Office of Inspector General (SBAOIG)
Government Contracts Attorneys Representing a Wide Range of Industry Groups
As government procurement lawyers, we spread our experience in a wide range of relevant industries, including:
- Construction, Architecture and Engineering (A&E)
- Defense and Aerospace
- Financial Services
- Information Technology (IT), Telecommunications and Information Systems
- Intelligence Community Contractors
- GSA and VA Federal Supply Schedule Contractors
- Homeland Security
- Logistics and Troop Support
- Manufacturing and Products
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
Comprehensive Legal Representation
Our federal government contracting attorney team is here to help you avoid some of the most legal mistakes seen in the federal contracting marketplace. We help you to minimize risks, and develop sufficient legal support to aggressively. We understand the risks and exposure that contractors face.
We provide you with direct and straight-talk legal advice while presenting the most efficient and cost-effective legal counsel.
When situations arise, we partner with attorneys in other practices throughout the law firm and Washington DC or Colorado offices to provide common representation in all areas of government contracts, including corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, federal criminal defense, government investigations, litigation and appeals. We handle both high-profile cases and cases where companies simply want to address the issues at hand directly.
For Immediate Help, Call a Government Contracts Attorney at 1.866.601.5518, or contact us online for a Free Initial Consultation.