Compared to many 8a consulting firms that offer 8 a Certification assistance, we understand SBA law and have litigated SBA 8a certification cases. We help our clients to avoid the most deadly mistakes made by 8a applicants and SBA 8a certified companies.
Given the complex issues buried in the SBA 8 a certification process on how to get 8a status, small businesses quickly discover that the information requirements in an 8a application can be painfully confusing and very complicated. The SBA frequently denies applications because the applicant did not communicate the right information in the 8a application.
At Watson & Associates, LLC, our team of government small business attorneys and SBA certification consultants ensures that businesses can reduce criminal liability and avoid dangerous mistakes for submitting false information during the application process.
Nationwide SBA 8a Certification Services
- A-Z help with the 8(a) application process
- SBA Certification – Net worth issues and prequalifications
- Small business ownership and business documents
- Addressing SBA affiliation regulations
- Developing narratives when required by the SBA
- 8a application review services
- Harmful business ownership and control matters
- Help with SBA 8a request for reconsideration
- Appeal of small business 8(a) status denial to SBA Office of Hearings and Appeals
- 8a sole source and 8a set aside matters
- Joint venture agreements teaming arrangements
- SBA Mentor Protege Program
Flat Rates Available for the Application Process. We Understand That You Don’t Only Have to be a Minority Owned Business to Get 8a Certified. For 8a Certification Assistance, Call Our SBA Attorneys at 1-866-601-5518 for a Free Initial Consultation. Nationwide Help.
With over 30 years in the federal contracting marketplace, the 8 a certification consultants at Watson & Associates, LLC frequently guide small businesses through critical issues such as net worth requirements, business documentation and control problems, and affiliation and revenue dependency. We have litigated against the SBA when it makes unlawful decisions. Therefore, we are in a better position to help our clients when concerns or disputes arise.
Our goal is to increase our clients’ likelihood of obtaining their 8a status. In working with our clients we frequently:
- Litigate and appeal invalid SBA denials
- Consult legal issues that arise during the 8a application process
- Guide clients through the legal SBA certification landmines that small businesses experience in the 8a Program.
The key to get 8a certified is to understand what the SBA is looking for in the application and how to present necessary information to show that you meet the 8a certification requirements. Our SBA lawyers use over 30 years of combined experience of successfully giving our clients top 8a certification assistance services through our experience with litigating against the SBA on a substantial amount of issues that can impact your 8(a) application.
- Many other companies that provide 8a certification services are essentially document preparation companies that are not intimately familiar with the issues that courts decide.
- Our 8a certification consultants understand the law and SBA 8(a) regulations.
The Watson team includes several seasoned professionals who consistently work within the courts and understand how to combat the legal issues with pre-qualification of 8a certification requirements that arise either during the 8a application stage or during contract performance.
- We have earned a reputation for gaining favorable results for small businesses nationwide through vigorous representation.
As federal government contract and SBA lawyers, we understand SBA 8a certification requirements and we share our clients’ goal to avoid the underlying legal landmines and get approval the first time that they apply.
- Our team understands what the SBA looks for in an application.
- We know the legal standard of review for Small Disadvantaged Status (SDB), and can minimize the inconsistencies found in many applications that lead to SBA 8a application denials and appeal rulings.
GET 8A APPLICATION & STATUS ASSISTANCE – CONSULTING SERVICES AFTER GETTING SBA 8A CERTIFIED
After your 8a application is approved and you have small business 8a status, our consultants help with: 8a set-aside government contracts; joint venture and teaming agreement concerns, small business 8a size protests and appeals.
We understand that getting 8a certified is just the start, you still have to win government contracts and our consulting team can assist your company in winning government contracts. Learn more about getting 8(a) Sole-Source contracts with the government.
The SBA uses great discretion to make subjective decisions. Any conclusions it makes only have to be reasonable. Watson’s SBA 8 a certification experts help you to stay in compliance with the small disadvantaged business requirements and to take proactive measures to develop internal policies and controls after getting SBA 8a certified.
Improve your social and economic narratives if necessary: When writing your 8a application narratives, you also have to know what topics to write about, and what level of detail you should discuss your experiences. Writing to communicate your company’s economically disadvantaged status also means communicating the end-result of the experience that led you to be disadvantaged. Although the SBA has reduced this requirement, we still keep as part of our 8(a) certification services.
Avoid costly legal mistakes when preparing your narrative statement of Social Disadvantaged status: The SBA only requires narratives in limited situations: The SBA scrutinizes your 8(a) certification application for irregularities, inconsistencies, and reliance on your business customers. At Watson, our minority-owned business consultants help you to look deeper into legal issues such as Ostensible Subcontractor Rule affiliation, improper small business set aside relationships and control of your business. This is fertile ground for getting your SBA 8a certification package denied.
ADDITIONAL FREE RESOURCES ABOUT GETTING 8A CERTIFIED AND SMALL BUSINESS SET ASIDE CERTIFICATION:
Visit our Blog to find additional information about small business set aside bids getting your 8a status
Information for SBA 8 a Certification applicants and Small Disadvantaged Businesses
How to address 8(a) Certification Based on Ethnicity Bias and Immigration
More about SBA 8a Certification Supporting Documents
Learn about 8a status benefits and advantages
Requirements for SBA 8a Certification
TO GET 8A CERTIFIED CALL US TODAY
If you are a minority-owned business trying to get 8a certified, or simply need help getting your 8a status, call our SBA 8a certification consultants and small disadvantaged business attorneys at 1-866-601-5518 today. FREE initial consultation.