Free Initial Consultation. 1.866.601.5518. We help federal contractors in ALL States to avoid costly mistakes with teaming agreements.
Knowing whether or not your teaming agreement template can withstand allegations of SBA affiliation in a bid protest should always be a major concern for small businesses.
Although SBA affiliation rules have significantly changed, teaming agreements and other types of independent contractor forms are still being challenged as violation SBA regulations. Companies can avoid this headache early in the bidding phase or simply get professional help from government contract attorneys that understand the problems associated with simply copying and pasting generic teaming agreements.
Federal Contractor Teaming Agreement Services
When it comes to business partnership agreements and helping with government contract teaming agreements, our government small business attorneys provide a wide array of services including:
- Drafting and review of federal independent contractor forms
- Avoiding limitation on subcontracting violations and penalties
- Legal advice on new SBA affiliation rules 13 CFR 121.103 and execution of legal partnership agreements
- Assessment of similarly situated businesses in each subcontractor agreement
- Meeting government contracts small business requirements
- Understanding the difference between and teaming agreement vs joint venture
- Some prime and subcontractor teaming arrangement and joint venture agreement disputes
- Help with legally binding contract agreement terms
- Small Business Size protest litigation and appeals to SBA Office of Hearings and Appeals (SBA OHA)
To speak to a government contractor agreements attorney about your legal partnership agreement, call 1-866-601-5518 for a FREE Initial Consultation.
Although SBA affiliation rules have significantly changed, teaming agreements and other types of contractors agreements are still being challenged as violation SBA regulations. Companies can avoid this headache early in the bidding phase or simply get professional help from government contract attorneys that understand the problems associated with simply copying and pasting generic teaming agreements.
At Watson & Associates, LLC our federal contract teaming attorneys and consultants provide our clients with detailed guidance and aggressive legal representation that can reduce corporate liabilities while safeguarding company revenues. We provide over 30 years of combined experience to companies that focus on proactive measures and thinking out of the box. The law firm also protects your federal projects and company reputation while safeguarding your bottom line.
With a national reach, our procurement team includes several seasoned professionals who consistently work with small business government contractors and even large general contractors to resolve potential and actual problems with compliance for SBA affiliation regulations and independent contractor forms. Watson & Associate have also earned a reputation for getting results for small businesses and large DOD contractors through vigorous representation.
With law offices in Washington DC and Colorado, Watson & Associates, LLC government contract law attorneys provide legal assistance to companies seeking to enter into a subcontractor teaming agreement but want to make sure their legal partnership agreements are compliant with federal regulations.
SBA rules have not eliminated affiliation with CTAs: Although the SBA has since initiated new rules that relax the old affiliation rules by introducing the theory of similarly situated small businesses, business partnership agreements, and teaming arrangements can still be a dangerous undertaking. At Watson & Associates, our contractor government contract lawyers can help to avoid some of the costly legal pitfalls. See more information about joint venture affiliation under new rules.
Are Teaming Agreements Enforceable?
As a practical matter, your teaming agreements are not, by themselves, enforceable contracts in court. When a bidder represent to the agency that it has a teaming partner, the executed independent contractor form serves to let the agency know that a specific offeror has a valid commitment to perform the project.
- Courts have ruled that a subcontractor teaming agreement does not have the substantive terms of an enforceable contract. Instead, it is only an agreement to enter into a contract upon the award by the government.
- Bidders should seriously consider drafting an independent subcontract.
- This would meet the legal requirements of a contract and the parties’ rights would be enforceable under the subcontract in court.
- Although FAR 9.6 allows for general contractor and subcontractor agreements, there are crucial limitations
- A prime contractor can face harsh affiliation penalties from a bid protest.
Initial bidding stage through contract closeout: We also provide legal advice and consulting from the initial bidding stage through the performance stage of the contract. Our government small business attorneys also provide litigation assistance when a small business size standard protest is filed.
Contractors Agreements and SBA Affiliation – Ostensible Subcontractor Rule
When companies fall astray from the team definition under FAR 9.6 or 13 CFR 124.103, there are harsh consequences. Our Federal contractor agreements lawyers help federal government contractors to avoid costly legal mistakes under the Ostensible Subcontractor Rule.
- We also review each teaming arrangement for compliance with the Limitation on Subcontracting Rule under FAR Part 52.219.9.
- Learn more about similarly situated small businesses and new rule.
- Be mindful of exclusive teaming agreements
Watson’s government contractor teaming agreements lawyers represent federal contractors in all states regarding SBA affiliation and subcontractor agreement compliance matters. We help federal small businesses and large DoD contractors in Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, U.S. Virgin Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington, DC, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Additional CTA Enforceability Information
Find out whether your agreements are enforceable in Court.
Call Our Federal Teaming Agreement (CTA) Lawyers
For help with your government contract teaming agreements (CTA), compliance with federal contractors agreements regulations, or to make sure that you meet the statutory team definition and new SBA teaming agreement rules, call Watson’s government contract attorneys or call 1-866-601-5518 for a FREE Initial Consultation.