Wayne White, Of Counsel to Watson & Associates, is a veteran of the U.S. Air Force and the Air Force Reserves. He has over 25 years of experience in law and government contracts. Mr. White has a certificate in government contracts management from UCLA, a program that was jointly sponsored by the National Contract Management Association.
After receiving this certificate, Mr. White was selected from over 500 attorney candidates to serve as Associate Campus Counsel in the UCLA Capital Programs/Contracts office. He was subsequently promoted and became a member of the University of California General Counsel’s Office, representing the University in construction contract matters.
Mr. White was subsequently employed by Oceaneering Space Systems in Houston, Texas, as Manager of the Contracts and Purchasing Department. In this position, he handled a wide variety of NASA, military, and commercial contract and subcontract matters, and served as the Division export compliance representative. Mr. White was also a key member of Oceaneering’s proposal team for the NASA Constellation Space Suit Systems prime contract. Following two bid protests by the incumbent contractor, and award of the contract to Oceaneering, he worked with NASA to definitize the contract, drafted 11 subcontracts, and served as Contract Manager for the prime contract.
Mr. White practiced law as a sole practitioner in Denver and Boulder, Colorado for approximately 10 years. During this time, he represented clients in the Colorado district and appellate courts, and in the federal district court. Mr. White is a member of the state bars of California and Colorado and is admitted to practice in the federal district courts of Central California and Colorado. He joined Watson & Associates in 2015.
Areas of Practice
Export Compliance, including:
- ITAR and EAR classifications
- Commodity Jurisdiction Requests
- OFAC and CFIUS filings
- DDTC Registration and lapsed registration
- Licensing defense article exports
- Technical Assistance Agreements
- Manufacturing License Agreements
- Licensing Foreign Employees
- Foreign investment and purchase of business
- Voluntary Disclosures
Government Contracts including:
- SBA Small Business qualifications and certifications (HUBZone, 8(a))
- GAO Bid Protests
- Buy American Act and Trade Agreements
- Requests for Equitable Adjustment
- Contract Disputes Act claims
- Contract Terminations
- Representation before the ASBCA and Federal Court of Claims
- Colorado construction contract disputes
- Colorado construction contract litigation
- Associate Fellow, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- National Contract Management Association
- Air Force Association
- International Institute of Space Law
- Member and former Director of the National Space Society
For further assistance with export compliance, federal government contract matters, and construction contract disputes, contact Mr. White at 1-866-601-5518.