Leanna Ajour is an Attorney at Watson and Associates, LLC. She is licensed in Colorado and in California and focuses her practice on Federal Government Contracts, business, and corporate matters. Her practice uniquely emphasizes the crossroads between mergers and acquisitions and federal contracts – including an array of complex corporate structures, such as asset sales, stock purchases, government contract novations, reverse mergers, reverse triangular mergers and so forth – representing clients on both the buy and sell-side of the aisle.
Ms. Ajour also focuses on other aspects of the transactional side of procurement through mentor protégé structures, joint ventures, and teaming arrangements. Such transactions may involve seeking novations through high-profile federal agencies including NASA and the Department of Defense, which include conditions requiring high levels of attentiveness to confidentiality under all levels of security clearance and/or under U.S. protection orders
Ms. Ajour counsels her clients in all aspects of federal government contracting, at all stages of the procurement process, during contract performance, and has extensive experience with issues in full lifecycle of an 8a company, from certification to graduation. Ms. Ajour also assists with the firm’s litigation practice, particularly where complex corporate structuring and affiliation issues are involved to provide vigorous representation on behalf of federal contractors in size protests, small business affiliation disputes, and in complex commercial disputes, assisting with contract claims and bid protest cases at the U.S Court of Federal Claims in Washington D.C.
Ms. Ajour focuses in the following practice areas:
- Government contracts training,
- SBA 8(a) certification
- HUBZone and SDVSOB Programs
- Small business size protests ( Affiliation, Ostensible Subcontractor Rule and More)
- Government Contract Novations and FAR compliance
- Contractor teaming agreements
- Joint Venture and Mentor Protege matters
- Native American small business matters
- Government contract claims and terminations
- Assists with bid protests and appeals litigation
- Colorado business matters
Prior to joining Watson & Associates, Ms. Ajour worked as Corporate Counsel on mergers & acquisitions, contract drafting, and corporate formation matters. She began her legal career serving as a Corporate Apprentice to Lockheed Martin, working on government contracts with Lead In-House Counsel, involving NASA programs and other high-stakes deals. She also previously worked as a Legislative Aide within the House of Representatives where she received the “Sincere Commendations Award” from then Speaker of the House, Andrew Romanoff, associated with her work in the Veteran’s Affairs and Judiciary Committees, which supports her current counsel to Veteran-Owned businesses. Ms. Ajour routinely prepares Operating Agreements, partnership agreements, and the like for her clients to set up to efficiently and successfully manage their companies.
- University of Denver; Juris Doctorate Order of St. Ives (top 10% of law class)
Additional Legal Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Co-Author of Law Week Colorado article: Subrogation Makes, Breaks Settlements; 2014
- Co-Author of Colorado Auto Litigators Handbook: Subrogation Chapter; 2015 Publication
- Columbine High School Career Day; 2014
- Girl Scouts Day at the Capitol Motivational Speaker
Contact Ms. Ajour online or call 1-866-601-5518.