In order to do business with the federal government FAR 52.204-7 System for Award Management requires that companies must be registered. The registration process can be time-consuming and sometimes confusing.
At Watson & Associates, LLC our team also provides SAM registration services for those clients who simply are under time constraints. By providing us with the required information, help you focus on your daily business functions.
In order for us to help with SAM registration services, we ask our clients to first do the following:
- Register with DUN and Bradstreet and provide us with your DUNS Number
- Provide a list of all NAICS codes that the company will use.
- Have a list of all contact emails and phone numbers
- Fill out a list of needed information from our office.
FAR 52.204-7 Statutory Language
a) Definitions. As used in this provision—
“Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) indicator means a four-character suffix to the unique entity identifier. The suffix is assigned at the discretion of the commercial, nonprofit, or Government entity to establish additional System for Award Management records for identifying alternative EFT accounts (see subpart 32.11) for the same entity.
Registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) means that–
(1) The Offeror has entered all mandatory information, including the unique entity identifier and the EFT indicator, if applicable, the Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code, as well as data required by the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006 (see subpart 4.14) into SAM
(2) The offeror has completed the Core, Assertions, and Representations and Certifications, and Points of Contact sections of the registration in SAM;
(3) The Government has validated all mandatory data fields, to include validation of the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The offeror will be required to provide consent for TIN validation to the Government as a part of the SAM registration process; and
(4) The Government has marked the record “Active”.
Unique entity identifier means a number or other identifier used to identify a specific commercial, nonprofit, or Government entity. See www.sam.gov for the designated entity for establishing unique entity identifiers.
(1) An Offeror is required to be registered in SAM when submitting an offer or quotation, and shall continue to be registered until time of award, during performance, and through final payment of any contract, basic agreement, basic ordering agreement, or blanket purchasing agreement resulting from this solicitation.
(2) The Offeror shall enter, in the block with its name and address on the cover page of its offer, the annotation “Unique Entity Identifier” followed by the unique entity identifier that identifies the Offeror’s name and address exactly as stated in the offer. The Offeror also shall enter its EFT indicator, if applicable. The unique entity identifier will be used by the Contracting Officer to verify that the Offeror is registered in the SAM.
(c) If the Offeror does not have a unique entity identifier, it should contact the entity designated at www.sam.gov for establishment of the unique entity identifier directly to obtain one. The Offeror should be prepared to provide the following information:
(1) Company legal business name.
(2) Tradestyle, doing business, or other name by which your entity is commonly recognized.
(3) Company physical street address, city, state, and Zip Code.t
(4) Company mailing address, city, state and Zip Code (if separate from physical).
(5) Company telephone number.
(6) Date the company was started.
(7) Number of employees at your location.
(8) Chief executive officer/key manager.
(9) Line of business (industry).
(10) Company headquarters name and address (reporting relationship within your entity).
(d) Processing time should be taken into consideration when registering. Offerors who are not registered in SAM should consider applying for registration immediately upon receipt of this solicitation. See https://ww.sam.gov for information on registration.
SAM Registration Renewal
Companies also have to renew their information in order to continue doing business with the federal government. At Watson & Associates, our government contract consultants also provide annual SAM registration renewal services. We only update SAM registration for annual requirements.
As part of our government contract consulting services, we provide SAM registration services to clients in all states. Call us today to get started at 1-866-601-5518.