Import Export Business Consultants & Export Control Compliance USA import and export control compliance is critical to companies seeking to avoid fines, economic sanctions and legal action from the government. Watson & Associates’ Import Export Business Consultants work closely with your key personnel to stay compliant while developing the proper export documentation. We understand that providing our clients with straight talk and detailed assessments of potential problems are what makes them sleep at night.

  • Avoid common mistakes that can lead to hefty fines
  • Can your company withstand a federal investigation?
  • Make sure that you have a viable control guide in place
  • Failure to comply with ITAR export controls regulations and import export company registration requirements can cause serious implications from government investigations.

When it comes to importing into the United States and getting the guidance of the Export Administration Regulations and ITAR Regulations, companies come to our import export control compliance consultants for help.

With offices in Washington, D.C. and Denver Colorado, Watson & Associates’ US import export business consultants work closely with small and large businesses in the export import industry.  As lawyers and consultants, we provide direct guidance to CEOs and businesses with an eye to minimizing fines and penalties. 

Import Export Business Consultants and Attorney Services 

Clients use our import and export solutions for various reasons.  Our export control consultants help by:

  • Assisting business with development of sound import and export control EAR compliance procedures
  • Import and export license requirements
  • Guidance on how to get import export license 
  • Arms Export Controls Act legal advice
  • Import from China
  • ITAR compliance
  • Import and export license applications
  • Regulatory compliance consulting
  • Investigations and enforcement for small export businesses
  • Internal corporate compliance with gun control matters
  • ITAR compliance training
  • Export documentation
  • US Imports export company registration
  • Provide consulting and legal advice to clients on export classification and export controls compliance for technology, commodities, services, and software.
  • Various export documents and regulatory compliance solutions
  • Help with the Commerce Control List (CCL) in relation to import & export products 
  • Preparing agreements and export licenses for submission.
  • Export control compliance due diligence in international and domestic requirements
  • Provide legal advice on economic sanctions and developments on U.S. import export compliance rules
  • Implementing compliance officer duties
  • Export control training

Contact our import export control consultants and attorney Wayne White for a Free Initial Consultation at 1-866-601-5518.

Becoming compliant obviously reduced unnecessary business disruptions. A common mistake made by new small export business owners is the assumption that they’ll need a special license to import goods into the United States. Our import consultants offer:

  • Prompt turnaround
  • Get detailed and reliable advice to become compliant
  • Legal help at a fraction of the costs that larger firms charge
  • Free initial consultation

At Watson & Associates, LLC our import export business consultants help clients from the initial stages of the export license process through compliance and developing the proper internal controls and policies. Our focus is to keep our clients away from headaches.

We help clients in all states and overseas

Our export control consultants help clients to navigate through the various nuances of EECN laws and to comply with the various Export Administration Regulations ( EAR rules).


  • Aerospace & defense/commercial aviation
  • Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
  • Commercial electronics
  • Computer hardware & semiconductors
  • Cyber Security
  • Data processing
  • Gun control
  • Energy & power generation – nuclear & fossil fuel
  • Engineering & construction
  • Financial services
  • Force protection services
  • Industrial process controls
  • IT infrastructure & encryption
  • Machine tools
  • Medical equipment
  • Military electronics
  • Satellite & unmanned vehicles
  • Software
  • Special and composite materials & metals
  • Telecommunications

See important information on ITAR DSP-5 Licensing Requirements for Foreign Employees.

ITAR Consultants Import Export Control LawyersWhat Imports and US Exports are Allowed When I Have a General Export License? 10 CFR Part 110 Subpart C  of import and export license requirements covers specific items requiring a general license that will authorize only certain items.

If the commodity you wish to export/import is subject to NRC export/import licensing and not among those identified and authorized under one of the general license provisions, a specific NRC export/import specific license is required.

Do I Need to Hire Import Export Control Consultants?

A very small percentage of total U.S. exports and reexports require an export license. Less than 5% of total US exports require a license. You have to conduct due diligence to see whether your export requires a license or other export documentation. License requirements are dependent upon many factors. This is an area where Watson’s import export control consultants can help.

What Type of Firearms are Governed By the Commerce Control List (CCL Gun Control)? Under the CCL rules, the Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) has jurisdiction over shotguns with a barrel length of 18 inches or more and related gun control components.

BIS also has jurisdiction over muzzleloading rifles and handguns, air guns, replica firearms, shotgun shells and components, and most optical sighting devices for firearms.

Speak to an Attorney & Get a Free Initial Consultation

Contact our Export Control Consultants

For immediate help with regulatory compliance consulting, import export licenses and export control compliance matters, call our import export business consultants and lawyers at 1-866-601-5518 for a FREE consultation or contact us online.