Watson & Associates’ Federal Government Contracts lawyers help clients to navigate through all of the various phases of the procurement process, from the formation of the contract, negotiations, performance, and ultimate closeout and compliance with contractual requirements and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Our procurement group provides clients with decades of litigating bid protests, limitations on subcontracting and prime and subcontractor litigation, government contract claims and disputes, and defense of adverse enforcement matters, including suspension and debarment, fraud against the government, criminal issues regarding SBA programs, HUBZone and SDVOSB relationships, help in False Claims Act litigation, FCPA compliance, and government investigations.
- Watson’s government contractor lawyers offer legal representation to government contractors of all sizes, including large businesses involved in mentor protégé arrangements, large manufacturers, and largest aerospace and defense contractors. As government procurement attorneys we also represent medium and small businesses and Native American corporations doing business with the federal government. At least seventy-five percent of legal practice involves government contracting
Nationwide and Overseas Government Contracts Attorney Representation
Washington DC and Denver Colorado Locations
Our government contracts attorneys provide deep experience in a broad area of expertise. With law offices in Washington DC and Denver, CO, we resolve common issues within the continental United States in addition to international issues and contingency contracting. When it comes to U.S. government contracts law, our government contractor lawyers can certainly help by collaborating with top company officials as well as negotiating with agency personnel.
Government Contract Legal Services
Whether the dispute involves litigation and appeals, developing internal policies and controls for improving compliance, Watson’s government contracts lawyers can help with a variety of matters including:
- Bid protests
- Contractor defense
- Litigation and appeals
- Small business matters
- Government contract claims
- Suspension and debarment
- Procurement fraud defense
- Procurement consulting
Bid Protests: The law firm frequently represents government contractors before the Court of Federal Claims, the Court of Federal Claims (COFC), the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and small business size protests at the Small Business Administration (SBA). For contractors involved in arbitration or alternative dispute resolution, our government contract law firm can certainly help. Read More.
Federal Government Contract Claims Lawyers: At Watson & Associates, our government contract claims lawyers and government procurement litigation attorneys represent contractors by helping with Contract Disputes Act claims, government requests for equitable adjustment and responding to cure notices and show cause letters. At the appellate level, we litigate at the Civilian and Armed Service Boards of Contract Appeals, the Court of Federal Claims and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Read More.
Contractor Ethics, FAR Compliance and Mandatory Disclosure: Our law firm works with government contractors to develop concise and tailored ethics and other matters including FAR compliance programs and small business subcontracting plans. We also advise clients on the FAR mandatory disclosure requirements and related responsibility matters.
Suspension and Debarment: Our federal government contract attorneys represent clients facing suspension and debarment actions. We have often received favorable results which gave employees and contractors a second chance of doing business with the government. We help small businesses and larger companies to respond to show cause notices and cure notices. As suspension and debarment lawyers, we also help clients with cooperative agreements and training. Read More.
SBA & Small Business Government Contracting: As federal government contracts lawyers, we frequently represent clients in SBA size protests and in size appeals to the SBA Office of Hearings and Appeals (SBA OHA). Our government procurement attorney and consultants also help clients with adverse decisions in the SBA 8(a) BD Program, joint venture agreements and teaming arrangements, service-disabled veteran-owned (SDVOSB) and veteran-owned programs, OIG investigations and the SBA Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone). As part of our government contracts counsel and practice, we also advise clients during mergers and acquisitions or businesses with government contracts, and government contract novations. Read More.
Government Contract Investigations
Internal and External. At Watson, our team advises small businesses and large DOD contractors on the next steps when there are complaints that trigger Department of Justice (DOJ) and Inspector General (IG) involvement. We also represent government contractors in government investigations for procurement fraud, False Claims Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and Qui Tam cases. We also assist clients when responding to IG subpoenas and DOJ cases. Read More.
Native American Tribal and ANC Super 8(a) Government Contracting: Our Federal Government contract lawyers also assist Alaska Native Corporations (ANCs) and Tribal SBA 8(a) tribes by guiding them into proper teaming and joint venture relationships, buying and acquiring existing small businesses, novation of contracts and developing internal policies and controls. If Super 8(a) tribes need help with litigation and appeals at the Court of Federal Claims or SBA’s Office of Hearings and Appeals, and investigations by the SBA’s Office of Inspector General (SBA OIG), we certainly can provide immediate help. Read More.
Government Contractor Lawyers Representing a Wide Range of Industries
At Watson &. Associates, our federal government contracts consulting and legal services reach a wide range of industry groups. Clients range from participants in the following industries:
- Construction (A&E)
- Defense and Aerospace
- Information Technology (IT)
- Intelligence Community Contractors
- GSA and VA Federal Contractors
- Health and Medical
- Homeland Security
- Logistics and Troop Support
- Manufacturing and Products
- Professional Services
- Service Industries
Comprehensive Government Contracting Legal Services
Our Government contractor lawyers understand that to effectively resolve disputes or accomplish internal business goals, we have to be familiar with more than one aspect of federal contracting. We have had other firms retain our services due to our ability to think out of the box and resolve matters in the most effective fashion. When companies are involved in white-collar government contracting matters, we help them to develop a strong team of contract counsel to aggressively fight back. We help to assess any allegations of crime using our FAR and DFARS consulting professionals.
- We focus on reducing unnecessary costs, while not cutting corners. We have vast experience in virtually all aspects of federal government contracting. Many of our attorneys have actually worked for government agencies and understand how the other side thinks in most situations.
- In many situations, our law firm teams with other attorneys involved in high-level cases including corporate transactions and acquisitions that may or may impact existing government contracts.
Contact Our Federal Government Contract Lawyers
Whether you are a small business or large DOD contractor, needing consulting services or litigation attorneys and appeals support, call Watson & Associates federal government contracts lawyers today at 1.866.601.5518. You can also contact us online.