Helping Contractors and Companies Minimize Getting Costly Criminal and Civil Penalties After Getting ITAR Certified. Help in ALL STATES and Overseas.
Increased government oversight: The United States Government has increased its oversight of export control transactions. When companies find themselves facing adverse government actions, they can quickly find that being reactive instead of taking proactive measures can be more costly and dangerous for the business’ future. See sample cases.
Besides being a one-stop export control source for our clients, our goal is to help develop better proactive business practices and reduce company exposure.
Getting ITAR registered, and complying with International Traffic in Arms Regulations laws can become complicated and confusing. Therefore, businesses find themselves at a huge disadvantage and subject to penalties.
BIS penalty investigations in FY 2016 resulted in the criminal conviction of 32 individuals and corporations for export violations when compared to 31 convictions in FY 2015. The penalties for these convictions came to $274,500 in criminal fines, more than $79,077,400 in forfeitures, and more than 883 months of imprisonment, compared to $156,416,030 in criminal fines, more than $84,496,015 in forfeitures, and more than 487 months of imprisonment in FY 2015.
In FY 2016, BIS export control investigations resulted in the completion of 39 administrative export and antiboycott actions against individuals and businesses and $23,323,000 in civil penalties, as compared to 51 actions and $15,111,200 in civil penalties in FY 2015. Of the 39 actions closed in FY 2016, four involved antiboycott violations that resulted in total civil penalties of $268,000.
Immediate ITAR Certification & Import Export Control Lawyer Services
Our ITAR certification and export control compliance consultants and ITAR attorney services include:
Commodity Jurisdiction Requests: As part of our import export control consulting services, our consultants help with ITAR and EAR classifications and commodity jurisdiction requests.
Manufacturer exporter company DDTC ITAR registration and overall requirements for getting ITAR registered.
Export License applications: Foreign employee export license applications DSP-5 and ITAR EAR permanent export license applications DSP-5 and temporary export licenses.
Technical Assistance Agreements: Defense services technical assistance agreements and following ITAR requirements, regulations and guidelines in addition to sale and purchase in the course of import and export transactions
ITAR Compliance Policies and Procedures: Export control and ITAR compliance manuals, policies and standard operating procedures
- ITAR compliance assessments and audits
- Product classification and categorization
- Technology Transfer Control Plan (TTCP)
- ITARS compliance policy and procedure manuals
Registration. Assist clients with EAR and ITAR registration.
Controlled Asset Identification and Classification. Our lawyers and consultants will assess your company product, service, and technology portfolios to identify and classify assets subject to export controls.
Commodity Jurisdiction Requests. Draft Commodity Jurisdiction Requests for government determination when export control law jurisdiction or controlled asset classifications are important.
Export Control Compliance Programs. Assist clients with development, implementation, monitoring, and improvement of tailored export control compliance programs.
Export License Applications. Draft ITAR and EAR export license applications and supporting transmittal letters and documentation to permit the licensed export of controlled products, services, technology, and technical data. We also draft import license applications.
Other ITAR Compliance and Licensing Services
- Export Administration Regulations (EAR )/ ITAR registration
- Export control guidance and statutory interpretation
- Manufacturing License Agreements (MLA)
- Exemptions to licensing requirements
- Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs)
- Help with the Commerce Control List
- DOS Registration
- ITAR lawyer Advisory Opinions
- ITAR training
- Developing ITAR requirements and compliance policies and controls
- ITAR EAR guidance
- International trade legal services
- ITAR License Transfers
- Drafting an effective ITAR compliance manual
- Voluntary Disclosure
- Sale purchase defense company and foreign buyer manufacturer export compliance
- Freight forwarder referrals
Saving the company’s bottom line: With a lack of professional help, import export companies find themselves subject to huge fines and criminal ITAR compliance penalties when they do not comply with export administration regulations.
- Failing to make sure that your ITAR certification requirements, compliance policies, and internal controls are up to date can severely impact the company’s bottom line.
- Our ITAR lawyers and consultants help you to get in compliance and stay out of trouble with the US Government.
To avoid hefty fines and potential criminal liability from not being ITAR compliant, businesses are revamping their import-export control manuals and voluntary disclose policies.
With law offices in Washington, DC and Colorado, the ITAR attorneys and consultants at Watson & Associates, LLC provide detailed assessments for small and large business across the United States and overseas.
- Prompt turnaround on client projects.
- ITAR license and export control services at a fraction of what large law firms charge.
- Detailed analysis and application of export control laws.
- Free initial consultation.
Import Export Certification and Record Keeping Under Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
Corporate documentation and compliance records: To reduce adverse decisions due to insufficient import export control certification documentation, our ITAR certification lawyers and Export Administration Regulations | EAR compliance consultants prepare checklists, standard operating procedures, internal controls, policies guidelines for companies and documents in the sale and purchase in the course of import and export. An overview of these documents include:
- Description of record systems concerning U.S. origin products.
- Procedures for maintaining export control records relating to U.S. origin products for five years from the expiration of the State Department license or other approval.
- Regular internal review of files to ensure proper practices and procedures by persons reporting to top management.
Become Compliant With Internal Control Monitoring
Corporate monitoring for compliance: When companies are busy conducting business, our ITAR consultants and import export control lawyers help clients to become ITAR compliant by following the government’s suggestions from its website by helping companies to:
- Perform import and export control certification audits periodically to ensure the integrity of the compliance program.
- Emphasis on validation of full export compliance, including adherence to licensing and other approval conditions.
- Measurement of the effectiveness of day-to-day operations.
When businesses hire new employees or export control laws change, Watson & Associates provide ITAR training either onsite or via video conferencing. We closely follow the government recommendations for:
- Explanation of company training program on U. S. export control laws and regulations.
- The process to ensure education, training, and provision of guidance to all employees involved in exports (including those in departments such as Traffic, Marketing, Contracts, Security, Legal, Public Relations, Engineering, Executive Office).
Avoiding Export Administration Regulations Violations and ITAR Penalties
As export compliance consultants, we assist by drafting:
- Procedures for notification of potential violations, including the use of voluntary disclosure and Ombudsman to report any violation of the company’s internal control program or U.S. export controls.
- Internal policies with an emphasis on the importance of compliance (to avoid jeopardizing Corporate business and severe sanctions against the Corporation and responsible individuals).
- Description of AECA/ITAR penalties under the export administration regulations.
- Written statements and procedures to foster employee discipline (e.g., keying certain types of advancement to compliance understanding and implementation, and the establishment of internal disciplinary measures).
ECCN Export Administration Regulations & ITAR Compliance Penalties
Avoid criminal penalties: U.S. ECCN and Export control laws have harsh civil and criminal penalties. For example, export control failures can cost in civil fines as high as $500,000 per violation. Criminal ITAR compliance penalties can include fines up to $1,000,000 and 10 years imprisonment for each violation. Under Export Administration Regulations and laws, maximum civil fines can reach $250,000 per violation. Criminal EAR penalties can reach $1,000,000 and 20 years imprisonment for each violation.
Avoid civil penalties: Under export administration regulations, maximum civil fines can reach $250,000 per violation. Criminal EAR penalties can reach $1,000,000 and 20 years imprisonment for each violation. At Watson & Associates, we aim to help our clients to avoid ITARS compliance penalties. Watson’s export compliance consultants work hand-in-hand with our clients and guide them away from harsh fines.
Types of International Trade ITARS and Export Control Clients
Our ITAR certification consultants and international trade lawyers provide a vast amount of advice to companies involved in Aerospace, Information Technology, Telecommunications, DOD and Defense Software and more.
Export Administration Regulations Experience
When clients utilize our experience to help them to comply with ITAR regulations, we focus on preventing harm to the company and to minimize the risk of legal exposure. We represent customers of all sizes on the various import and export control issues that arise.
We frequently provide ITARS consulting services on the different International Traffic and Arms Regulations, Trade agreements, Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
We handle a variety of export license application and draft the requisite transmittal letters and jurisdictional requests. Our ITAR regulations lawyers also develop the necessary Trade Agreement Act and collaboration agreements.
See important information on ITAR DSP-5 Licensing Requirements for Foreign Employees.
Nationwide Consulting Services
We help clients in ALL states and overseas: Our ITAR consultants and export control compliance consultants cover all states regarding legal and non-legal matters. We assist federal small businesses and large DoD contractors with import and export control matters in Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, U.S. Virgin Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington, DC, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. Call us today for all of your compliance solutions.
Cities in which our ITAR lawyers, import and export administration regulations and ITAR consultants assist federal government contractors include Anchorage, AK; Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Colorado Springs, CO; Dallas, TX; Denver, Colorado; Indianapolis, IN; Las Vegas, NV; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; Philadelphia, PA; San Antonio, TX; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Santa Clara, CA; and Tampa, FL.
Contact our ITAR Lawyers and EAR Import Export Consultants
Immediate help and prompt turnaround. Meet your ITAR compliance requirements by calling our import export compliance consultants and attorneys and ITAR and EAR consultants. 1-866-601-5518. FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION.