Nationwide Help. Call 1-866-601-5518 for a Free Initial Consultation.
At the law firm of Watson & Associates, LLC we provide you with an experienced CO or Federal False Claims Act and whistleblower defense attorneys that provide aggressive defense to small and large businesses doing business with the federal government under 31 USC 3729 . We help federal contractors from ALL States.
According to the Department of Justice obtained more than $3.5 billion in FCA settlements and judgments from civil cases involving fraud and violations of the Federal False Claims Act claims against the government in the fiscal year ending Sept. 30. Federal procurement accounted for $1.1 billion in fraud settlements and judgments in fiscal year 2015.
The Government has increased oversight for FCA violations: Whether intentional or not, government contracting agencies pursue companies for fraud and criminal liability if there is evidence of intentionally defrauding the government. As a government contractor, this can mean as little as submitting an invoice for payment, or some other action to gain a benefit from the government.
FCA Defense & Whistleblower Attorney Services
With law offices in Washington DC and Colorado, our False Claims Act defense team defends against the various criminal and civil allegations and nuances involved with federal procurement laws and regulations. We help with:
- Allegations of False Claims Act violations from the Contracting Officer
- Contractor investigations
- Fraudulent invoice allegations
- Improper product submissions
- SBA and Small Business Program fraud
- False Claims Act Subcontractor liability
- Invoices submitted to the government
Focus Defense Strategies
- Help with conducting and defending government investigations and compliance audits: Our goal is to minimize the impact of criminal allegations, Whistleblower litigation and hefty fines to our clients. We help with defense against Office of Inspector General (OIG) and Department of Justice investigations.
- Developing an early analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of each case: The best possible defense to a False Claims Act case is to quickly assess and develop the strong points of the case early. We guide government contractors to the evidence need and facts that can develop mitigating circumstances. By doing this early, it can lead to prompt resolution and negotiations.
- Developing a team tailored to each case: Watson’s FCA team will develop a team of professionals that are dedicated to your specific case. This includes outside professionals, a legal research team, and experience Federal Acquisition Regulation compliance attorneys.
Call an FCA lawyer at 1-866-601-5518 for a FREE initial consultation.
Federal government contractors experience the stress of audits. The best way to minimize such stress is to take proactive measures, developing internal policies and controls. Watson’s FCA lawyers provide consulting and legal advice relating to risk mitigation, making sure that employees understand the liability for subcontractors and the responsibility to submit accurate invoices and to be aware of substituting products that are different than the agreed upon contract. When government contractors are faced with fraud allegations and false claims against the federal government, our defense lawyers can help.
Watson’s federal construction lawyers understand the various issues that can arise in federal false claims cases. FCA has sweeping sanctions and penalties for violating the statute. When it comes to faulty design, submitting claims for equitable adjustments and Contract Disputes Act claims against the federal government, our defense attorneys have the experience to get to the heart of the problem. Our goal is to minimize the impact of an adverse decision. We also help by:
- Providing tailored corporate consulting and training
- Serving as outside counsel to local criminal defense lawyers
- Assessing of the record and developing sound defense strategies
- Providing False Claims Act defense against claims and improper products
What is a False Claim?
Government contracting situations can create liability under the federal False Claims Statute. Liability attached when you (a) knowingly present (or causes to be presented) a false or fraudulent claim for payment to the contracting officer; (b) knowingly make, use, or cause to be made or use, a false record or statement material to a false or fraudulent claim; (c) conspire with third parties to commit a violation of the False Claims Act (d) knowingly make, uses, or cause to be made or used, a false record or statement to conceal, avoid, or decrease an obligation to pay money or transmit property to the Federal Government.
Nationwide Help With Procurement Fraud Allegations, Whistleblower Defense Litigation Under 31 USC 3729
As Federal False Claims Act lawyers and procurement defense attorneys, we understand the significant impact of the Whistleblower Protection Statute when you are involved in combating high-profile government investigations. Our attorneys aim to provide sound direction and protect our client’s legal rights in such a critical phase.
- Learn about False Claim Act penalties under 31 USC 3729 and Contract Fraud Defenses
- Understand the rules about prime and subcontractor liability under the False Claims Statute.
Call Watson’s Federal False Claims Act Lawyer & Whistleblower Defense Lawyers
For immediate help with an immediate problem and to protect your company’s future, contact a government contract law and Federal False Claims Act defense lawyer and Whistleblower defense attorneys for legal advice or call 1-866-601-5518 or 202-827-9750. FREE CONSULTATION.